Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

I'm using Max OS X library on Lion,
I could able to get the beacon using demo_dylib:
Chan ID(1/1/5) - Rx:(0): [43],[34],[00],[03],[dc],[03],[01],[00]
By sending link command I got to Link Layer:
Chan ID(1/1/5) - Rx:(0): [43],[34],[01],[03],[07],[89],[18],[00]
Then I try to get to the transport layer by sending a ANT_SendBurstTransfer with data:
// Send Burst Data (2 packets)
UCHAR auth[8*2] = {0x44,0x04,0x03,0x01,0x07,0x89,0x18,0x00,
0x0A,0x0B,0x0C,0x0D,0x0E,0x0F,0x10,0x11};
ANT_SendBurstTransfer(USER_ANTCHANNEL, auth, 2);

I don't understand why it doesn't work. Can somebody point me what I did wrong? Thanks!!!      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hello,

First of all, which device are you trying to communicate with?

Second, it appears as though you are having issues with your authentication. Note that after the link command you are not in the Link state you, are in the Authentication state. You need to successfully go through the authentication state in order to enter the transport state. The beacon you provided indicates that the device you are trying to communicate with supports passkey authentication only.

Although it is only available for PC, your best bet would be to first try using the ANT-FS PC Host demo to communicate with the device, and once you know what parameters you specifically need for authentication, you can move onto your own implementation. The C++ library for Mac OS does included ANT-FS, so, while the reference code is for Windows, the library can be used for Mac as well.

You can get the reference code and executables for the PC Host here .

Cheers      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

I'm using the demo code for PC, doing exactly the same step, and it works fine. This is the reason why I'm posting it here. I'll investigate further and post my result here.