Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Generic parsing library for ANT+?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-01-14

PM

I'm trying to write a desktop application that parses ANT+ data received over WiFi (via an NPE WASP) and forwards it to a database. Is there a way to adopt the Windows Ant Library to receive data from somewhere other than the USB RF receiver? They seem to be pretty tightly coupled, just from looking over the source code.

Is there maybe a generic parsing library available for ANT+ that I can add my own hooks to?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

The ANT+ Windows Library Package is the only library we have available. Only the layers related to serial are tightly coupled with the USB device, so it should be possible to add a new type of non USB "serial" device.

However, since you are using the NPE WASP, have you tried asking them if they have a library available you could use? They may have already created this.      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-01-28

PM

What language are you working in. I am currently working on a higher level .Net library that does something very similar. It deals with c# objects for the AntDevice and AntChannel and has "Sensors" that interpret the data and fire higher level events. The actual hardware is abstracted out to reading and writing ant messages. Currently I have a Serial implementation, a wrapper for the ant_net.dll, and have done a tcp/ip server client and have remotely controlled an ant device on another machine. I'd like to add Mac, ios and android instances via mono.

So what you describe is certainly doable.