Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Windows Visual C++ Runtime Library : Error r6002 - floating point support not loaded

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-14

PM

Hi All,

I have recently started working with the ANT Windows Library Package to add support for ANT+ Devices into a Java application.

I have successfully built the solution out of the box, and executed the resulting DEMO_DLL.exe without a problem. I have similarly built and run a debug version of the ANT+ Display Simulator.

In my Java application, I am calling the ANT methods through JNI.
I am linking my JNI code against the ANT_DLL.lib that resulted from building the solution, as well as loading the ANT_DLL.dll and DSI_*.dll from the build.

I have a single function that initialises and sets up the channel for the specific device (starting with the HRM).
This function calls in turn,
ANT_LibVersion
ANT_AssignResponseFunction
ANT_Init
ANT_ResetSystem
ANT_SetNetworkKey
...etc

When the code executes ANT_ResetSystem (and other calls) I get the runtime error reported against javaw.exe
If I put a dummy floating point assignment into the code, it just crashes instead.

Has anyone seen this before? Since DEMO_DLL.exe is using the same components, why wouldn't this error in the same way? There don't appear to be any floating point related compile/link flags in the solution that I am missing, and there is nothing obvious in demo.cpp.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this most welcome!

Many thanks,
Gordon

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-14

PM

So it turns out the error message was a red-herring.
Rather the root cause was my callback method on the java side reading a mangled data buffer due to the way it was being constructed on the JNI side.