ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

pairing

Rank

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2013-02-13

PM

Just wanted to make sure I'm making valid assumptions:

1) You can specify proximity when doing a search with setProximitySearch but you can't get the proximity of an already open channel, correct? For example if I wanted to do a search list like is mentioned in AN02 the only way to have proximity included in the data the end user can see when picking which is the correct device is to do multiple searches slowly increasing the proximity value passed to setProximitySearch.

2) A slave can only make one connection to a master. I'm pretty sure that is true but I don't see it said anywhere. So when creating a search list I don't need to worry about finding a duplicate as once a channel connects to a master the others channels are guaranteed to connect to a different master.

Thanks.

BTW thanks for including the date in the popup data for the new AN02 document. Makes it much easier to tell when the document was last changed.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

The dates should be included with all new documents (since we launched the new website), so if you spot one without a date field then it is older than Oct 2012. If I run out of things to do one day, I may go through and fix the old ones wink . Also, if you want to receive notifications of document updates, you can subscribe to the "critical bytes" RSS feed on the developer page: http://www.thisisant.com/developer/

To answer your main questions:

1) You can get the RSSI value on a connected channel - take a look at 7.1.1.2 in the ANT Message Protocol and Usage doc.

2) A slave can only have one channel connected to the same channel ID (device number, device type and transmission type). So it's possible to connect a slave on two channels to the same master device if it was transmitting e.g. Heart rate and Bike Power, but for your purposes it sounds like you don't have to worry about it.