PM

Hallo

When is the next release planned?

Andres      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

I can not provide exact schedule information at this time, however it will be weeks rather than months away. Which profiles do you require?      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

I require the bicycle speed and cadence profile.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/#documents_tab

Note: you must be registered ANT Adopter to access to this download repository.      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-03-12

PM

Thanks, but I meant the new API 4.0 (http://www.thisisant.com/developer/ant/ant-in-android)      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-01-05

PM

I'm also interested in this profile. Are there any news?      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-01-05

PM

I have to refresh this topic ...

Firstly as a developer application Locus, where I used for quite a long time older API for access to ANT sensors, I have to congratulate to step you did in new API 4.0+. Finally it's usable without spending hours and hours and playing with bytes ...

Anyway recent update to ANT Service 4 completely broke my previous implementation and on most devices, users reports some weird exceptions in communication (like cannot connect to ANT service etc.). So I decided to rewrote whole ANT handling to new system.

Heart rate and Stride sensors seems to work now (even there are some problems with connection over USB stick and also your API crash (even a sample application) on Xperia X8 (with Android 2.1).

Anyway even that in API are already included classes AntPlusBikeCadencePcc and others, all these classes that use Bike speed/cadence sensors aren't public!!. Because Locus needs support for these sensors (as they worked for all users for almost year), I'm now stuck on update and 1. have to wait till you update your API, or 2. write in update "Sorry, ANT not work".

So, I need to know some date, when is expected update with support for bike speed/cadence sensors. It's nice that you included Geocaching sensor (which was almost impossible to use in previous API), but these bike sensors are much more required!!

thanks for answer      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

Existing apps should keep working with the new ANT Radio Service (and the old API). One change that may impact apps is that attempts to write a command will not block until the response is received from ANT, but your apps should have been waiting anyway.
What issues are you seeing?      
Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I'd like to beta-test plugins (cadence, speed). My app is not published yet, so it wouldn't hurt anybody.
The new API is way better than the old, but for me it was a big surprise. Publishing a beta (w/o any commitment to the signatures of the interfaces) would be nice.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Bike PCCs weren't meant to be visible in the current release and they have been changing, so don't write any code based off of them yet. The interfaces exist there, but the implementation is not finished.

As for a schedule of a release date, it is currently in flux, so I can't give you a specific date. We are still working to finish by the end of the month, but it may slip a week or two with recent developments.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-07-22

PM

It's now August, any news on this? We're interested in the power, speed and cadence plugins. Thanks.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Yes, sorry for the delay. The bike plugins are complete and in the final phases of testing. We should have public releases soon. If anybody is interested in beta testing the bike plugins please PM me.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer