ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Where is the Ant+ Demo source code? 

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-04-18

PM

Hi

For the life of me, I can't find the source code for the ANT+ Demo app that is in the Play Store. I downloaded the API and there is only the PluginSampler (which crashes when I switch from the main activity to the HRM activity - or any other activity for that matter). When I download the ANT+ Demo app from the Play Store it works fine.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Darren

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

The 'ANT+ Demo' is no longer the recommended sample code as it does not use our latest API. You should be using the 'Acquire Channels Sample' (ANT API) or 'ANT+ Plugin Sampler' (ANT+ API) source code as a reference for writing your own applications.      
Rank

Joined 2013-06-24

PM

rohan - 11 June 2013 10:29 PM
The 'ANT+ Demo' is no longer the recommended sample code as it does not use our latest API. You should be using the 'Acquire Channels Sample' (ANT API) or 'ANT+ Plugin Sampler' (ANT+ API) source code as a reference for writing your own applications.

How do you compile the "ANT+ Plugin Sampler"?

I've imported the project, but it needs the library for the plugins to compile. Eg, Activity_HeartRateSampler has the following imports:

import com.dsi.ant.plugins.AntPluginMsgDefines;
import com.dsi.ant.plugins.AntPluginPcc.IDeviceStateChangeReceiver;
import com.dsi.ant.plugins.AntPluginPcc.IPluginAccessResultReceiver;
import com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus.legacycommon.AntPlusLegacyCommonPcc.ICumulativeOperatingTimeReceiver;
import com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus.legacycommon.AntPlusLegacyCommonPcc.IManufacturerAndSerialReceiver;
import com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus.legacycommon.AntPlusLegacyCommonPcc.IVersionAndModelReceiver;
import com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus.pcc.AntPlusHeartRatePcc;
import com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus.pcc.AntPlusHeartRatePcc.IHeartRateDataReceiver;
import com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus.pcc.AntPlusHeartRatePcc.IHeartRateDataTimestampReceiver;
import com.dsi.ant.plugins.antplus.pcc.AntPlusHeartRatePcc.IPage4AddtDataReceiver;

I realize when I deploy the app I install the ANT+ Plugins library from the market. That doesn't help when compiling though.      
Rank

Joined 2013-06-24

PM

nickl - 25 June 2013 11:53 PM

How do you compile the "ANT+ Plugin Sampler"?

I've imported the project, but it needs the library for the plugins to compile.

To answer my own question: The ANT+ Plugins library is antpluspluginlib.jar in the "ANT+ v1.8.0" directory of the API download.

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-09-09

PM

Is there really no source code for the ANT+ Demo?? All of the other samples don*t really work, I always get exceptions.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

To help us assist you, could you post which exceptions you're seeing?

Thanks