ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

use two ANTAP1M5IB as wireless RS232 connection

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2009-10-18

PM

Hi,

I am new in ANT development. I bought the ANT development kid ANTDKT3. I want to develop a pair of wireless rs232 connection use two ANTAP1M5IB. I use ANTware to config these two module follow the "ant development kit user manual.pdf". Work fine both USB stick+ANTAP1M5IB work on one computer. But when I use Battery board+ANTAP1M5IB to test. Nothing work on both broad! I also try to connect the USB board TX, RX GND pin to other PC com port RX, TX and GND to monitor the output from USB stick+ANTAP1M5IB work on one computer. I just receive some stranger String on my com port program. Not same as the data show in the ANTware program (eg. 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-00).

Also i know the SensRcore can store a config .txt file on it's flash. But how can I store the config file to ANTAP1M5IB?

Also I buy your ANTDKT3 which lack of information and the old version of ANTware program is bad. So wast lot of my time to search info on your website. This simple project I think I just need a little effort to make it work once i buy you development. But the fact is not.

Hope you can give some a lot of help. So that i can use your product easily.

Thanks!      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

You should need an external microcontroller to control the ANTAP1M51B instead of USB stick to make your standalone ANTAP1M51B works. The microcontroller should have appropriate application firmware to support your application; just like the ANTware does. To build a microcontroller system, please check the package of dev kit which includes the rich firmware samples to indicate how to use microcontroller to control ANT.

The I/O pins of the USB stick is intended to supply a control interface for using PC as a host to develop ANT device; if the interface header is directly connected to a PC, there is nothing related to ANT.

We would suggest you to review the <<ANT protocol and Usage >> and <<FAQ>> on our website: http://www.thisisant.com/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,146/func,latest
If you have any questions, please let us know, we would be more than happy to provide you more supports.

SensRcore is an extension of the ANT protocol, providing a rapid application development platform for simple wireless sensors, eliminating the need of an external microcontroller or firmware programming. To be aware, the SensRcore is only available on the AT3 modules and chipsets. As it is intended as a general development platform for wireless sensors, the SensRcore does not directly implement any of the other applications which include the wireless RS232 connection.

The user submits questions on our website will be posted after moderated verification.