Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

VO2max of Garmin Forerunner 620

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-02-03

PM

I'm trying to find out where VO2max is stored in the FIT file of Garmin Forerunner 620.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

Have you downloaded the latest FIT SDK already? If you can't find any reference to VO2max in the fit.xlsx spreadsheet in the SDK then that would suggest that this is a private field.      
Rank

Joined 2013-02-03

PM

Thank you Kat.
Yes, I did download the latest FIT SDK but unfortunately I could not find any field like VO2. I searched the word 'oxygen' but failed, either. I even converted a FIT file of my Forerunner 620 to a CSV file by FitCSVTool.jar but I could not find any clue.
If it is a private field, does that mean there is no way to get an information about that but guesswork?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

Would you attach this .FIT file with VO2max to your post and I have a look.
And please add the VO2max value that Garmin Connect and/or the device show for this activity.      
Rank

Joined 2013-02-03

PM

Thank you old_man_biking.

Here attached a zip of the following two FIT files:
- SETTINGS.FIT and
- 444B3017.FIT

SETTINGS.FIT includes the user profile and may include VO2max. (The owner of Forerunner 620 is not me. That's why gender shows female.)
444B3017.FIT is an activity file. It seems old but it is the last activity on the Forerunner 620.

VO2 Max reads '44' on the Forerunner 620.

I would appreciate it if you could help me to analyze the data format.
Thank you in advance.      

File Attachments

• FITs.zip (File Size: 22KB - Downloads: 600)
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

Findings:
- I cannot find any traces of this VO2max value in either of your .FIT files
- when I upload the activity .FIT file to Garmin Connect "health data" show VO2max as 43, not 44
So I assume that VO2max is not stored in a .FIT file, but calculated on both your device and Garmin Connect.

Cheers,
OMB      
Rank

Joined 2013-02-03

PM

Thank you very much for your analyzing the data, OMB.
Now I guess so, too.