Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

What is the procedure for adding a manufacturer specific mesg_num?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

Hi,
I am attempting to add two manufacturing specific file types that have nothing to do with fitness. I added one of them to config.csv with its fields. I tried two methods to add the same file type to the profiles.

1) Added unique_type to the mesg_num enumerated list on the Types page. I tried two different values, not at the same time (0xFF01 and 146). I also added unique_type to the end of Profles.xls on the Messages page. When I run "FitGen -c", I get "unique_type message not found in profile".
2) I created a unique_types.csv file and a unique_mesg.csv file which only contained the data I added to Profile.xls. I ran "FitGen -types unique_types.csv", "FitGen -messages unique_mesg.csv", and then "FitGen -c" which yielded "unique_type message not found in profile".

As you can see, I guessing. Is there a an example of how to add a manufacturing specific file type?
Thanks
DaveWho

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

After a few hours of trial and error, the manufacturer specific structures have been created.

I will briefly describe what I did, in the hopes that someone knows an easier method.
The Types page from Profiles.xls was copied to a separate file, I happened to name it itypes.csv, and added my changes.
The Messages page from Profiles.xls was copied to a separate fie, that happened t name imessages.csv, and added my changes.
For good measure, I made Profile.xls match the new csv files.
I changed the config.csv per my needs. A word of caution, if some part of FitGen doesn't like the additions in config.csv, it will remove them from the file.
Lastly, the command used was: FitGen -types itypes.csv -messages imessages.csv -c. Doing the options separately results in config.csv getting overwritten.