ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANTInterface

Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 0

PM

Hi,

Is the AntInterface API not available anymore in the new ANT APIs?
The docs are still in the website:
http://www.thisisant.com/android/api/com/dsi/ant/AntInterface.html

However, that API call does not exist on the new ANT API docs.
The same applies to:
AntDefine, AntInterfaceIntent, AntMesg,AntInterfaceException, AntServiceNotConnectedException, etc.
When did this happen?
Thanks.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 149

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

Short answer: No, it is not available.

AntInterface and similar was the API which would allow a single app full access to the ANT radio. The new ANT APIs give you most of the same functionality but you can use a channel at the same time as another app is using one. You want the documentation you can find under the "API Documentation" section: http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/api-documentation/

Signature

blackramlabs.com

Rank

Joined 0

PM

Excellent, thank you.
What's the equivalent of the ANTTxMessage(byte[] msg) call?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

There is not directly an equivalent, as that would allow you to send any ANT message, possibly impacting other channels.

Firstly, if you are communicating with an ANT+ device, you want the ANT+ API (the ANT API does not let you use the ANT+ network).

For the ANT API, the "Creating ANT Android Apps" document in the SDK is a good starting point. It explains how you get an AntChannel object to interact with, which provides methods for each of the supported ANT messages.      

Signature

blackramlabs.com

Rank

Joined 0

PM

When you say the ANT API does not allow me to use the ANT+ network, does it mean I cannot use the background scanning mode with the ANT API to receive ANT+ sensors?
What's the alternative?
The Background Scan ANT Sample in the ANT SDK is not receiving ANT+ sensors data, at least it is not working for me.

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2014-04-02

PM

Correct. You must use the search implementations provided by the ANT+ API. You can use the multi-device search to discover devices, but you can only receive data from devices you are tracking.      

Signature

blackramlabs.com