ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Advanced Burst Configuration

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-06-25

PM

Hi,

I am developing a system that will use the advanced burst capabilities of the ANTUSB-m.

In the 'ANT Message Protocol and Usage' document the description for the Response Function 'Advanced Burst Current Configuration' (section 9.5.7.8 p.124) states that the first 2 bytes of the received packet are Message Type and Enable, however when I receive the reply it appears that these two bytes are missing and the packet starts at the Max Packet Length byte.

Without these 2 bytes I cannot check to make sure that the advanced burst configuration has been received correctly and that it is enabled.

Is this a mistake in the document or in the reply message? The reply message gives a packet length of 10 (as opposed to 12 in the document) so the data is not lost, it is just not there. I have used ANTware II to test this as well and I see the same reply as with my own program.

Thanks in advance,

Darren.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

These bytes are part of the serial message that ANT sends to the PC as you may observe from the "Device_X.txt" log. They are parsed out depending on the library API as they are not part of the message payload, but you may use the message types to determine the type of message sent.

Cheers