ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

A&D UA851ANT Connection problem

Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2014-02-18

PM

Hello all.

I have android with ant+ and an A&D UA851ANT blood pressure meter with ANT+ connectivity.
I attempt to get all measurements from the tonometer with only new flag. This attempt is not successful - I've got "User Pairing Requested" in the log and no data from the device. BP meter has no pairing buttons and instructions at all.

The question is, how should I pair with the device via ANT+?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

The UA851 kicks into pairing mode at power on. See the second post in this thread.

Cheers      
Rank

Joined 2014-02-18

PM

In my app I make device searching and device connection separate. Am I right, if I say that onSearchResult() will not cause pairing if I stop at this step?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Correct, receiving a search result will not cause pairing on it's own. To initiate pairing you must call the appropriate plugin's "requestAccess" method, in this case the AntPlusBloodPressurePcc.      
Rank

Joined 2014-02-18

PM

I understand, thank you.      
Rank

Joined 2014-02-18

PM

Now it seems I am able to pair the device. There is a problem with getting data.
I call
bpPcc.requestDownloadMeasurements(truetruemBPDownloadMeasurementsStatusReceivermBPMeasurementDownloadedReceivermBPFsProgressUpdateReceiver); 

I am waiting for monitor notification after current measurement will be complete. I remember time ago with older versions of ant+ libs I was able to get it. But now measurement is finished, and I see in log something like this:
mBPDownloadMeasurementsStatusReceiver::PROGRESS_MONITORING
In Transport State
Downloading.
Download progress:4
In Transport State
Downloading.
Download progress:19
In Transport State
Downloading.
Download progress:34
In Transport State
Downloading.
Download progress:48
In Transport State
Downloading.
Download progress:63
In Transport State
Downloading.
Download progress:78
In Transport State
Downloading.
Download progress:92 

Is it able to use monitoring to receive new measurements now?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

Obviously the plugin is downloading the weight .FIT file from the device - good!
Does "Download progress" stop at the percentage in your post, or does it proceed to 100%?

Cheers,
OMB      
Rank

Joined 2014-02-18

PM

Sometimes it stops on 100%, sometimes on about 92-95%.
Even after 100% reached, I don't get onMeasurementDownloaded() calls or other actions.

Edit: additional question is: why does it downloads the weight if it is blood pressure monitor?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

@A Pyagtigin Have you tested your unit using the ANT+ Plugin Sampler? If the Plugin Sampler is correctly downloading the file, you may want to compare your app with the sampler source code in the SDK.

If the sampler is not working please use the ANT Service Settings app in the ANT SDK (https://github.com/ant-wireless/ANT-Android-SDKs/blob/master/ANT_Android_SDK/Tools/Android_ANTServiceSettings_2-0-0.apk?raw=true) and set All Logging to 'Enabled' and capture the logcat ouput to send to us.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer