ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Can’t run FITGen

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-08-31

PM

Hi

I am trying to get FitGen to run on Windows 10 64bit Professional. It gets to building Java Tools and then comes up with a warning to say it could not build Java tools.

As instructed in the warning, I have installed Java SE DK (tried 64bit and 32bit versions) and i edited path in environment variables and added C:\Program Files\Java\jdk*.*.*_**\bin after a ;

I used Program Files in the path change when i tried the 64bit version of JDK and Program Files (x86) when i tried the 32bit version

Still didn't work. Any ideas on the next step to resolve this?

Thanks      
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2012-10-12

PM

What happens when you run javac -version from a command prompt?      
Rank

Joined 2015-08-31

PM

java version "1.8.0_60"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_60-b27)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.60-b23, mixed mode)

That was running java -version as javac -version was not recognised as a valid command      
Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

You either
a) need to install the java development kit(JDK) as you may only have the java runtime environment (JRE)
b) if you do have the JDK installed, you need to put the JDK bin path in your PATH setting

Current installation website and instructions are here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index-jsp-138363.html#javasejdk

Rank

Joined 2015-08-31

PM

I do have Java SE Development Kit 8 Update 60 (64bit) installed and in the environment variables i have the following text for path which looks correct per the instructions

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Acronis\SnapAPI\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Phone\;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk*.*.*_**\bin

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

My apologies! I missed that info in your first post. I was just quickly browsing through this topic as I was also having a different issue with FitGen, and thought I could quickly lend a hand.

However, if I understand your most recent reply, I might see the problem:

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk*.*.*_**\bin
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If that is indeed what is in your path, you may need to change that to

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin

The directions were written to be generic, but I believe you might need to fill in the actual version of your jdk.

I hope that helps!      
RankRank

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2013-01-28

PM

Did you manage to get it working by changing your path?      
Rank

Joined 2015-08-31

PM

Changing the path name didn't resolve the problem, but i tried running it as the administrator and it ran ok. Odd as my user account is an administrator account. I still have the path name hard coded as suggested, so it might be a combination of the two solutions

The reason i haven't replied is that i have not had a chance yet to read up on how to actually use the tool on one of my FIT files

Rank

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2016-08-16

PM

Can you clarify how you ran FitGen.exe as administrator? Did you use runas.exe?