Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Pairing ANT+ dongle with MIO link

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-11-04

PM

I've been wrestling with this for two full days and I don't know if I almost have it or if I've achieved nothing. I'm working on a game that uses biofeedback. For that reason I need to connect my ANT+ dongle to my MIO link in Windows.
It sounds like a stupendously simple task, but I don't know where to start. Here's what I did get to work.

*The MIO link is running and presumably broadcasting my heartrate on ANT+
*I detected the dongle in SimulANT and got it simulate a heartrate sensor.
*I detected the dongle in ANTWare II. I set the dongle as a slave and pressed Auto-Open. But this only resulted in a timeout
*I detected the dongle in the DEMO_NET project in the ANT libraries and set it up as a slave. This also only results in a timeout. Adding "Channel Closed, Unassigned Channel..., Unassigned Channel"

And uhh... That's about it. I feel like I'm searching in the completely wrong area. Like there's a very clear and concise manual 'somewhere' and I just don't know where to find it and everyone's gonna be super mad that I'm asking here instead of using the super obvious guide that everyone else is using.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

It sounds like you've done everything right so far smile

The starting points I'd typically recommend are the "Starting Your Project" page and the "ANT AN Getting Started with ANT PC Development" document, but I think you already have the basics covered.

As a sanity check (to make sure the MIO Link is actually broadcasting ANT+), is to set up a channel in SimulANT+ to simulate an HR display, and then see if it can find the device.

As long as you've configured a slave channel, set the ANT+ network key, wildcarded the transmission type and device number, set the correct device type, set the RF channel, and set the channel period's to match the HR device profile, you should be set.      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-11-04

PM

I wasn't aware of ehm... Most of these things. So I had to do some research into device profiles. Probably my own fault for not reading the tutorials well. Though I wasn't able to assign an 8hex network key in ANTware, I did get it to work in the demo project! Now I just need to find out how to retrieve and parse the data in code but that can't be that tough. smile