ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Asynchronous serial help

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-01-11

PM

Dear All!

I have some problem with the asynchronous serial communication between an antap28ch module and an atxmega128 mcu. The suspend, sleep, portsel and br pins are all in the correct state, according to Interfacing with Ant Modules, and Product Specification documents. After applying power and doing a manual reset by the rst-pin, the rts signal goes to low, indicating, that I can start serial communication with the modul. Then I start sending hex commands to the modul, but it does not recognises any of them, and the rts signal stays continious low.

I tried the following during testing:

I sent the hex bytes "close" to eachother and gapfree,
tryed putting the whole hex command line into a string,
send the messages with or without cr-lf on the end.

The modul did not recognised any of this method. I would like to ask for an example, how to communicate asynchronously with the module, or an example on the formatting of the command messages, how to sent them to the module, do I need any termination carachter between the hex bytes, or any information about this case.

Best regards: Ita Roland      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

Do you have a logic analyzer to visually investigate your signalling? For instance, at startup do you receive the startup message?

For instance, this is an example of setting the channel period, there the RTS line asserts itself just as the host sends padding bytes, and the AP2 responds with the message.      

Image Attachments

Startup.pngSetChannelPeriod.png

Click thumbnail to see full-size image