Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT data rate calculation

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2016-03-15

PM

Hello sir

My question is related to ANT Data Rate,
How can i calculate data rate in broadcast, acknowledge, burst and advance burst transfer. I read at the document Data Rate in burst and advance burst is 20kbps and 60kbps respectively. But there is no any calculation provided for that so can you please explain how can i derive(calculation of data rate).

I want calculation of data rate of all the data type(broadcast, acknowledge, burst and advance burst transfer) in ANT Protocol.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

Your effective "data rate" is a function of how much data you can transmit per message and how quickly you are transmitting messages. ANT burst, acknowledged and broadcast messages contain an 8-byte (64-bit) data payload. With ack and broadcast messages, the application controls the transmit rate which it might be able to set up to 200-300 Hz depending on the device, platform, bus speeds etc. Thus your maximum data rate in that case is anywhere around ~12.8-19.2 kbps.

For burst messaging, ANT controls the rate messages are transmitted at and will interrupt other active channels to do so. An ANT burst transmits at ~3ms between each message, with each message being 64 bits of payload, which yields 20 kbps. An advanced burst brings the message payload to 24-bytes (192 bits), with the time between the start of each message remaining the same, yielding 60kbps.