ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

S332 sending shared burst transfers using shared channel

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2014-03-26

PM

Hi-

We are using the S332 stack performing burst transfers on a shared channel. Is it possible to send out a burst message (longer than 8 bytes in length) making one call to sd_ant_burst_handler_request()? If yes,

1) do we pass in (BURST_SEGMENT_START | BURST_SEGMENT_END) for the segment type?
2) do we wait for the EVENT_TRANSFER_TX_COMPLETED or EVENT_TRANSFER_TX_FAILED to indicate success or failure of the transmission?

Thanks!      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

You can queue up more than 8 bytes of data to burst depending on the size of the buffer.

1) Yes, it should be placed as the "burst segment" field, as well as the "BURST_SEGMENT_CONTINUE" when re-filling the buffer.
2) Yes, but you should also handle EVENT_TRANSFER_NEXT_DATA_BLOCK to know when to queue up more data for the burst.

The "ANT Advanced Burst" reference design in SDK 11+ contains a good example for you to work from.

Cheers      
Rank

Joined 2014-03-26

PM

A couple more questions....

1) if my queue size is 128 bytes and I'm using a shared channel, can I load 128 bytes of data into a buffer and make a single call to the burst handler with the burst segment having both the START and END flags set (assuming the queue is empty)?

2) if we can't make a single call to the burst handler, what are the time constraints on "reloading" the burst queue between burst messages?

Best Regards,
Kurt Preiss      
Rank

Joined 2014-03-26

PM

Please note, we are NOT running in advanced burst mode...      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi Kurt,

The updated Burst Transfers Application Note contains information on doing burst transfers on ANT SoC's, but yes you can set both flags to indicate the data is both the beginning and the end of the transfer, and the time you have to reload the buffer is 3ms.

Cheers,
Harrison