ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT Support on Nordic device

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-08-12

PM

Hi there,

I'm new to ANT and to the nRF52, so I'm in the process of running through some of the example code. I've been able to successfully run peripheral and BLE examples. However, I haven't been able to do the same using the ANT SoftDevices.

I'm using a nRF52 Preview DK, and am trying to run the heart rate monitor example (ant_hrm_tx_auto_s212_pca10036.uvprojx).

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

• Downloaded the ANT SoftDevices and programmed the ANT_s212_nrf52_1.SD to the board using nRFgo, through the OB J-Link.

• Copied the header files from the ANT SoftDevice zip to \Nordic_Semiconductor\components\softdevice\s212\headers

• Defined the ANT_LICENSE_KEY in nrf_sdm.h

• Compiled the program in Keil uVision (v5)

When I try to load the program to the nRF52, I get an error:

Error: Flash Download failed - Could not load file 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Nordic Semiconductor\examples\ant\ant_plus\ant_hrm\hrm_tx\auto\pca10036\arm5_no_packs_build\nrf52832_xxaa.axf'

Any idea what's going on here? I haven't had this problem when running other, non-ANT example/tutorial files, but I'm sure it's just something simple.

Cheers!      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Just as a sanity check, have you tried uploading the hex separately using nRFgo Studio? Just want to make sure the hex is correct first.      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-08-12

PM

Thanks for the response Harrison, I appreciate your help.

Actually, it looks like my issue was that I had updated the incorrect nrf_sdm.h file with the ANT Licence. I had a file within the program folder, rather than in Nordic Semiconductor\components\softdevice\s212\headers

Once I'd updated the correct header file, everything uploaded to the board properly. It surprises me that I wasn't getting an error reading:
#error "You must obtain a valid license key to use ANT. You may use the evaluation key for non commercial use only by uncommenting it above this error. Commercial use license keys are available from ANT Wireless."

This is what's outlined in the nrf_sdm header file, so I thought I'd see that.

Regardless, thank you for your help!