Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

nRF24AP2 communication with PIC

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2016-08-10

PM

I'm having a bit of trouble getting a PIC (PIC16F690) talking to an nRF24AP2 and was wondering if there are any gotchas that I'm not aware of?

I'm pretty sure that my wiring and code on the PIC are both sound. I've tested the nRF24AP2 by hooking a PC into the circuit and can communicate fine vis the PC. I've also tested the PIC by hooking that up to the PC and simulating an nRF24AP2 and everyone's happy. When it comes to the PIC talking to the nRF24AP2, the problems start, watching the oscilloscope, I can see the PIC sending messages but I don't seem to be getting any responses back.

I'm starting to pull my hair out here so any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.      
Rank

Joined 2016-08-10

PM

I should have said that I'm communicating in async using the PIC's built in USART module.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Do you have any screenshots or a protocol analyzer view of your initialization? I imagine you've already taken a peek at the "Interfacing with ANT General Purpose Chipsets and Modules" document; are you using software or hardware reset? A schematic would also be helpful for debugging.      
Rank

Joined 2016-08-10

PM

Thanks for the reply Harrison.

It looks like it was a dud connection between the PIC and the ANT module, I pulled everything apart and put it back together and it starting working perfectly. I'm not sure how the PC was able to communicate when the PIC couldn't as they were going over the same circuit but we're all good now. smile