Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Having trouble getting ANT+ Plugin Sampler into Android Studio

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2017-01-24

PM

I'm new to ANT+ and somewhat new to Android Studio (which is now powered by the IntelliJ platform). I've written some basic apps so far and got that working. Now I want to play around with ANT+ specifically to connect my app to my heart rate monitor.

Using Android Studio (which again is using IntelliJ) I'm trying to import the ANT+ Plugin Sampler (Eclipse project) that comes with the ANT+ Android SDK. I'm getting an error on the last step:

* Project AntPlusPluginSampler:C:\ANT Development\ANT+_Android_SDK\Sample\ANT+ Plugin Sampler\source\project.properties:
Library reference ..\AntPluginLib could not be found
Path is C:\ANT Development\ANT+_Android_SDK\Sample\ANT+ Plugin Sampler\source\..\AntPluginLib which resolves to C:\ANT Development\ANT+_Android_SDK\Sample\ANT+ Plugin Sampler\AntPluginLib

The ANT+ Android SDK appears to come with a antpluginlib_3-5-0.jar file. I tried renaming that to AntPluginLib.jar and placing it in the C:\ANT Development\ANT+_Android_SDK\Sample\ANT+ Plugin Sampler\ folder and then tried to import the project again, but I still get the same error.

It kind of seems like the ANT documentation on this website is our of date. I tried to read through the Android Apps Workshop documentation but it's all based on Eclipse as well. It kind of feels like the Android Studio used to be in Eclipse and now it's in IntelliJ?

Any help would be appreciated. I would love to get the ANT+ Plugin Sampler app working in IntelliJ (Android Studio)      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-07-12

PM

Remove the line from the properties file. After importing the project create a libs folder and put all the jar files within. Click on the jar files and for each select "add as library" afterwards the project will build.