Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Can I connect my Smartphone to two or more different ANT+ devices which support the same HeartRate Profile?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-11-22

PM

Hi everyone,

I am currently developing an App for ANT+. I used so far the AntPlus_Android_SDK_v.P.B4 which provides the example code ( "ANT+ Plugin Sampler"). I used some parts of this code to write my own HeartRate monitor for ANT+ devices. Everything is working good for one ANT+ device with the HeartRate Profile. Now I want to connect my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S7 with integrated ANTPlus service) to several ANT+ devices which all support the HeartRate Profile from ANT+. Can someone tell me how many ANT+ I can connect to with one smartphone simultaneously? Has anyone ever written an application which provides this feature to connect to several HeartRate ANT+ devices and can give me some help?

Thank you in advance.      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2015-02-27

PM

I have the same question that MichelRun, any help?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

You can connect up to 8 ANT channels at a time per device on the phone. You can add ANT USB sticks to increase this number over the USB OTG connection. You can also use background scanning in order to pick up all broadcast ANT messages over the air which effectively uncaps the number of devices you could be listening to on the phone, although the message rates will not be guaranteed at that point.