Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT+ with unity

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-03-02

PM

Hey can anyone tell how do i get the data from ant+ and cadence sensors in unity..??      
Rank

Joined 2018-02-05

PM

check this library on unity asset store,
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/network/advanced-ant-71980      
Rank

Joined 2018-01-15

PM

Does anyone have experience with that btw? I'm curious because it looks like just what I need, but I'd like to hear from people first.      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2020-12-01

PM

with ant plus assets works with this "https://www.lazada.com.my/products/i1596010014-s5440286982.html"      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2023-09-18

PM

Hi, according to the Unity Assets Website: Advanced ANT+ is no longer available. Does anyone know from where can I get this asset?      
Rank

Joined 2024-01-21

PM

ganu011 - 02 March 2017 12:39 AM
Hey can anyone tell how do i get the data from ant+ and cadence sensors in unity..??
https://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/6709/basketball stars

According to the Unity Assets website, Advanced ANT+ is no longer accessible. Is anyone familiar with the whereabouts of this item?      
Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2022-04-10

PM

Hi all,

I'm currently working on this problem and have had some breakthroughs utilizing my publicly available libraries and Github projects. The gist is that I'm using a gRPC server running my AntUsbStick class library (x86) and connecting up my Unity project via gRPC as a client (AnyCpu/x64). I'm talking to the stick from Unity! Now I'm working on integrating my AntPlus class library into the Unity project. The benefit of gRPC is the server can run on a seperate PC and the Unity project can run on another PC or the same PC.

I'll keep you posted here as I flesh this out. I'm new to Unity so this will take a few days.

Best regards,
Stephen Hidem      
Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2017-11-26

PM

StephenHidem - 26 January 2024 02:10 PM
Hi all,

I'm currently working on this problem and have had some breakthroughs utilizing my publicly available libraries and Github projects. The gist is that I'm using a gRPC server running my AntUsbStick class library (x86) and connecting up my Unity project via gRPC as a client (AnyCpu/x64). I'm talking to the stick from Unity! Now I'm working on integrating my AntPlus class library into the Unity project. The benefit of gRPC is the server can run on a seperate PC and the Unity project can run on another PC or the same PC.

I'll keep you posted here as I flesh this out. I'm new to Unity so this will take a few days.

Best regards,
Stephen Hidem

Hi Stephen we chatted on another thread.

Can I ask why you havent used the ANT+ library provided here? I looked at your Nuget pacakages, but have struggled to get them to work even in a simple console app for a Proof of Concept.

Im not as experienced as yourself, but what are they benefits of your AntUsbStick library?

I can easilt get data from devices as long as I know the DeviceID and Type etc ..... BUT I am struggling with getting a list for devices to 'choose from'. Your example on your Github was awesome, but I can't seem to take your library and use in another Console App.      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2023-09-04

PM

I'm looking forward to hearing how this goes. I've been trying to get ANT+ up and running in Unity, but because all the DLLs provided are ancient nothing will work in a modern Unity project. It's very frustrating.      
Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2017-11-26

PM

kellbot - 05 February 2024 10:56 AM
I'm looking forward to hearing how this goes. I've been trying to get ANT+ up and running in Unity, but because all the DLLs provided are ancient nothing will work in a modern Unity project. It's very frustrating.

Ive just decided to use the ANT_NET dll and use pipes to send the data to Unity. Im experimenting whether a windowless Console app running as a background service OR an actual server to see which one works best.

As far as I can see with my level of experience, getting the DLL to work in Unity isnt working for me. Its only a prototype and a project while Im in between jobs. I've been messing with ANT+ on Python for a few years.      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2024-04-16

PM

Have you been able to find any resources? I have been looking for the SDKs but they are already very old and it does not allow them to be added to Unity or they do not appear in the store. I would like to be able to connect to Wahoo sports devices. I would appreciate if someone can help me. This is already something. very external to unity and I'm kind of lost      
Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2022-04-10

PM

Hi everyone,

I've been learning Unity and working on integrating my NuGet packages into a very simple project. It's been a learning experience to say the least, but I'm getting there. The basic project just connects to an ANT radio via gRPC and lists ANT devices that the radio detects. My ANT radio server is a Windows service that runs x86 and uses gRPC. My Unity project is AnyCPU clent using gRPC to talk to the server. The Unity client uses CySharp's YetAnotherHttpHandler for networking. I've sucessfully connected to the server and talking to the ANT radio.

I use gRPC because I want multiple clients to utilize the server both on a local PC and the local network simultaneously.

I see from some of the other comments somebody may have a solution, but I have not checked it out.