ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Questions regarding Burst Transfer

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-08-16

PM

Hi,

i have two general questions regarding Burst Transfer.

1)
I am using a bidirectional channel where the master node is sending a burst message at every sample time of the sensor used (SR:125 Hz). The master should send these messages until it gets a message from the slave to stop the burst transfer, because the whole system should be able to be controlled by the slave device. My problem is, that the master device doesn't react on any message from the slave while being in burst mode. Is there any possibility to control the system by the slave while being in burst transfer mode?

2)
The whole system should be expanded for more master devices each having the same sensors with the mentioned SR. They should send their data to one slave device each tranfering the data in burst transfer mode. Is it possible for a slave node to handle multiple burst transfers from different master nodes using independent channels?

Thanks for your advice!      
RankRank

Total Posts: 47

Joined 2010-07-08

PM

1) Bursting is designed to use 100% of the radio, so this is why you cannot send other messages while it is bursting. The only way to do what you want would be to design your bursts to stop at known times / intervals so that you have windows for other communication.

2) There is only a single radio on an ANT device. Multiple channels are created as a higher level sharing of this single radio. Bursting is designed to use the entire resources of the radio, therefore while one channel is bursting, other channels cannot send or receive. So I would say that no, you cannot reliably receive two bursts on two channels at the same time. Burst was really designed for a 1:1 application.

In general, it seems like you are trying to use bursting in a way it was not intended. Have you considered using a very high message period on a normal broadcast channel instead?