ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ant+ compatible bike computers ???

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi everyone.
I waana buy a bike computer to go with bontrager speedtrap.
The lis on this link is out-of-date http://www.thisisant.com/modules/mod_product-directory.php?t=prodSelect&prod=20

Does any computer with digital wireless 2.4 ghz mean ant+. Or ant+ is something elese ?

Shortly;
Is Cateye V2 Double Wireless - TR200DW compatible with Bontrager speedtrap ?

http://www.cateye.com/en/products/detail/CC-TR200DW/

Or any other cateye, i really love their designs.

Thanx in advance      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hello,

Not every computer on the 2.4 GHz ISM band will work with ANT+. Only a bike computer that is ANT+ compatible with work with an ANT+ sensor. Unless the product specifies that it is ANT+ enabled, it will not work with ANT+ sensors.

It doesn't appear as though the Cateye computer that you linked to is ANT+, it seems to use it's own propriety protocol.

I can't comment on other Cateye computers, perhaps that is a question you can ask them directly.

Cheers,

Kassandra      
Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2023-08-06

PM

The Cateye V2 Double Wireless (TR200DW) you mentioned uses a digital wireless 2.4 GHz technology for communication, but it's not explicitly mentioned whether it supports Ant+ communication. Cateye products typically use their own proprietary wireless technology rather than Ant+.

As for compatibility with the Bontrager Speedtrap, it's important to note that Bontrager Speedtrap uses Ant+ technology for wireless communication. If the Cateye V2 Double Wireless does not specifically mention Ant+ compatibility, it's likely that it may not be compatible with the Bontrager Speedtrap or other Ant+-enabled devices.

To ensure compatibility, it's recommended to look for bike computers that explicitly state Ant+ compatibility or have the Ant+ logo. This will help ensure that the bike computer can communicate seamlessly with devices like the Bontrager Speedtrap.
tunnel rush