Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

How do I find out the number of receivers I can send my data to?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi,

I need to set up a system whereby the transmitter must first detect how many receivers are avaiable for it to send data. After it detected all of them, it will choose one of them by user select.

In my system, there can be many transmitters and many receivers together, but eventually a transmitter will pair up with only 1 receiver and sends data to it.

How do I do about doing it? Who should be the master or slave? Any example available on this?      
Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-11-03

PM

The best approach to this type of a system is to use a background scanning channel, available with the AP2 family of products. A background scanning channel will continuously search for devices in the area with out synchronizing to any particular channels. Any data messages received while searching are relayed to the host application processor along with a channel ID of the device. The host device can then decide whether or not it wants to connect to a particular device.

In your situation, it sounds like the devices in the area would be displayed to a user who would then decide which device to connect to. Once a particular device is chosen, a synchronous link can be established. The background scanning channel then can be disabled or allowed to run, without interfering with the existing channel.

In this system the hub (scanning device) would use slave endpoints to communicate with the master sensors.