ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

MATTEO

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

hello
i have some problems with the connection of module ANT11TS33M5IB and rs232 interface.
i have connected the module to I/O interface board and then to the battery board.
then i connected it to pc with a converter rs232 ttl 3V.
i set the pin of the module using the interface header on the battery board as below. (i test the connection between the pin on the surface mount and the pin on the battery board with a tester)

surface mount pin battery board pin async mode
(on module) (interface header 20pin)

1 7 GND
3 1 VCC
4 2-8-17 GND
5 14 GND
8 16 GND
9 17 GND
11 4-15 TXD
12 3-11 RXD
15 12 GND
16 13 GND

NOTE i have no connected rts and cts

i use hyperterminal for interfacing with module but when i send a message nothing happens.
forexample
if i send the message0xA4,0x01,0x4B,0x01,0x0F for open channel
nothing happens
i think that the problem is how to send a message but expecially what message i have to send for have an answer from ANT module.
the connection i think is right
please help me      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

hello i have some problem with ANT11TS33M5IB chip.
i have connected the chip to the I/O interface board and the to the ANT battery board.
I have set the battery board pin (20 pins) with refer to the surface mount pin of the chip as async mode explain below:

SURFACE MOUNT PIN BATTERY BOARD PIN ASYNC MODE
1 7 gnd
3 1 vcc (3V battery board)
4 2-8-17 gnd (0V Battery board)
5 14 gnd
8 16 gnd
9 17 gnd (0V battery board)
11 4 txd
12 3 rxd
15 12 gnd
16 13 gnd

i have connected it to pc with a serial r2 232- ttl converter.
i set up 57600 baud rate with the dipswtich under the battery board.
for communicate to the chip I use terminal 2 or hyperterminal in windows.
i think that everything is all right but i cannot communicate with the chip. i have not response if i send a messagge form PC.

i think that the problem is the pin connection or the kind of messagge i send using the hyperterminal.for messagges i refer to the section 9.3 in ANT MESSAGE PROTOCOL AND USAGE.I try to send de enable led message 0x68 but nothing happens.

note that i have not connected the rts e cts and the suspend and sleep that are optional

help me please      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

What kind of drivers are you using to interface to your setup with the battery board?

Keep in mind that ANT does require flow control, the RTS line should be connected. Please refer to the "Interfacing with ANT General Purpose Chipsets and Modules" document here for more details on the UART interfacing requirements.
http://www.thisisant.com/images/Resources/PDF/1204663102_interfacing with ant general purpose chipsets and modules.pdf

Another thing to consider when interfacing ANT directly to a PC is that PCs interpret CTS at the driver rather than hardware level, so zero padding bytes at the end of each message are recommended.

However, if you are looking to interface with a PC, it is much easier to use the USB interface boards. The drivers and library package (the latter is available in the DevZone) would greatly speed up development of your ANT enabled PC application.