ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Resistance is lost after a certain amount of time

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2023-04-17

PM

Hello,

I have made my own bike training application with Ant+ and it works pretty well, but some of the users that test it report that the resistance is suddenly lost after around 45 minutes of training. The other Ant signals are still received but it seems the slope control does not work anymore. There is nothing in the logs that let think there is a problem with Ant but it seems an hardware issue. It happens on various Fitness Equipment models and various Ant Connectors, there is no pattern.

Does anyone have experienced that ? Some kind of resistance control lost after a while ? I'm sending the slope setup at a rate of around 4 Hz. Is it possible to overflow the resistance with commands somehow ? Is there a kind of stand by mode after a certain usage time ?

I'm talking about ANT_FEC_MSG_TRACK_RESISTANCE 0x33, i'm sending slopes in the range of 20000 +/- 2000      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2024-01-28

PM

Eyo - 18 January 2024 02:58 AM
geometry dash lite
Hello,

I have made my own bike training application with Ant+ and it works pretty well, but some of the users that test it report that the resistance is suddenly lost after around 45 minutes of training. The other Ant signals are still received but it seems the slope control does not work anymore. There is nothing in the logs that let think there is a problem with Ant but it seems an hardware issue. It happens on various Fitness Equipment models and various Ant Connectors, there is no pattern.

Does anyone have experienced that ? Some kind of resistance control lost after a while ? I'm sending the slope setup at a rate of around 4 Hz. Is it possible to overflow the resistance with commands somehow ? Is there a kind of stand by mode after a certain usage time ?

I'm talking about ANT_FEC_MSG_TRACK_RESISTANCE 0x33, i'm sending slopes in the range of 20000 +/- 2000

I think it's possible that the resistance control system on the fitness equipment or the Ant+ connectors may have limitations or issues that cause the loss of resistance after a certain period of time. Make sure you have thoroughly tested your application with different hardware setups to rule out any specific incompatibilities or faults.