ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

How nRF Connect SDK support ANT on nRF52 family

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-09-29

PM

Hi Sir,

As we learn from the thisisant website, we know the NCS only supports the ANT on nRF5340 so far.

And there is no more information for nRF52 family support on NCS.

The question is, is there a document or guidance that teaches how to run ANT on NCS for nRF52 family? Or we can merge the current nRF5 ANT library to support on NCS? Or the nRF5 SDK is the only way that supports on nRF52 for ANT?

Thank you.      
Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2022-06-01

PM

Hi there,

You are correct, ANT for nRF Connect SDK only supports nRF5340 at this time. Due to hardware differences between SoC families, this release cannot be used for nRF52 parts.

However, we are aiming to have an nRF52 compatible release available for evaluation by Q1 2024. Please watch the Releases section on the ANT for nRF Connect GitHub repository for more information.      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-09-29

PM

Hi Sarah,
Thank you for your update.
I will keep tracking the website.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2024-01-30

PM

sarah.read - 27 October 2023 02:53 PM
Hi there,
However, we are aiming to have an nRF52 compatible release available for evaluation by Q1 2024.

Hello,
I am in need of the ANT+ functionality for nRF52 in NCS as well. Could you please clarify what you mean with "available for evaluation"? When the release is published will I be able to download and try it out immediately, or is it subject to a closed beta first?      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2024-01-29

PM

Yes, this is right. Stressed about assignments? Find relief at PaperFellows https://paperfellows.com/ to write my paper! As someone who comprehends the pressure of academic tasks, I've uncovered a reliable solution. PaperFellows offers professional paper writing services, making your assignments a breeze. With human writers experienced in your subject area, quality is guaranteed. No hidden fees – what you're quoted is what you'll pay! Choose a trustworthy service for a stress-free experience. Order today at PaperFellows.      
Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-07-05

PM

Maldus512 - 01 February 2024 06:33 AM
Hi there,
However, we are aiming to have an nRF52 compatible release available for evaluation by Q1 2024.

Hello,
I am in need of the ANT+ functionality for nRF52 in NCS as well. Could you please clarify what you mean with "available for evaluation"? When the release is published will I be able to download and try it out immediately, or is it subject to a closed beta first?

im in the same need of nRF52 for ANT+ applications. nRF53 devices are total overkill for my needs.      
Rank

Joined 2015-07-05

PM

Hi there,

You are correct, ANT for nRF Connect SDK only supports nRF5340 at this time. Due to hardware differences between SoC families, this release cannot be used for nRF52 parts.

However, we are aiming to have an nRF52 compatible release available for evaluation by Q1 2024. Please watch the Releases section on the ANT for nRF Connect GitHub repository for more information.

Hi Sarah,
can you confirm that support is definately coming for ANT+, for 52 series, by end of this month? is that end of Q1?

We need to know, as PCB hardware needs manufacture, already designed, with a firm go ahead in using a nRF52840 device.

Awaiting you response,

B.Watson.      
Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2022-06-01

PM

Hi there, thanks for your message. ANT support for nRF52840 will be released alongside sdk-nrf v2.6. This version is currently being finalized by Nordic with a target date of March 14, 2024.      
Rank

Joined 2015-07-05

PM

thanks Sarah.