Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hello, I'm trying to use AT3 to send data by pressing Buttons as follows:
two ANT device one is AT3 and the other is AP2,
i wrote the following script:
[41][00]
[42][00][10][00] // Assign Channel Master on ANT chanel 0 on network 0
[51][00][21][00][01][01] // Assign Channel ID 0, Dev. Num = 33, Dev. Type = 1, Trans. Type = 1
[43][00][00][20] // Set ANT Channel 0 Message Period to 4.00 Hz
[45][00][42] // Set ANT Channel 0 RF Frequency to 2466 MHz
[91][00][00][40][00][01][00] // Configuring Data Channel 0 on ANT Channel 0 as Digital Input using pin(s) 00 reporting on 100.00% of messages
[91][00][01][40][00][02][00] // Configuring Data Channel 1 on ANT Channel 0 as Digital Input using pin(s) 00 reporting on 50.00% of messages
[4B][00] // Open ANT chanel 0

i configured another ANT device as a receiver so it can receive data from AT3 and attached to PC

i attached IO board to AT3 and to Battery Board and what i want is every time i press button 1, AT3 should send a data which should be received by AP2 that connected to PC.

I loaded the script and opened the channel on AP2 using ANTWar but nothing is working and actually i don't know where is the error. so is there something missing. could you help me with that and thanks a lot.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

hello, i used two AP2 devices and connect them using usb to PC and i tried sending and receiving using ANTWARE every thing was fine, but how i can do that on isolated ANT device for example attached to a Battery device. because from ANTWARe i can open the channel and send data or receive it, but how to do that if it is not connected to PC
like making a Hub, that receive data from sensors and then send the collected data to a PC collector device. i tried to configure one of the devices using ANTWARE as a master and then attached it to a battery Board but i didn't receive any data from it.

thanks a lot for helping      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi,

It is not possible to configure a master to transmit ONLY when a button is pressed. The master will transmit every channel period, no matter how it is configured.
However, it is possible to change the contents of the message everytime a button is pressed.

In order for the AT3 to work properly in SensRcore mode, the dip switches on the battery board must be configured as follows:

---Vcc--GND-
1--------X--
2--X--------
3--------X--
4--------X--
5--------X--

Please make sure that the channel parameters (channel ID, period, RF frequency, etc) are consistent between the SensRcore Master and the ANTware slave.
Another point of error is that you do not specify any input pins when you configure your data channel. For example, to use all 4 I/O buttons, the command would be [91][00][00][40][0F][01][00] (configure Data channel 0 on ANT channel 0 as Digital Input using pin(s) 0F reporting on 100% of messages)
Please refer to the example SensRcore script, and SensRware tutorial in the ANT Development Kit User Manual available in the Developer's Zone:

http://www.thisisant.com/pages/developer-zone/development-kit-manual

AT3 modules can be used directly without the need for an external host MCU because of the SensRcore platform. Scripts can be loaded to the AT3 module to configure an ANT channel to transmit or receive.
In order for an AP2 device to transmit/receive, an external host MCU is needed, so attaching it directly to a battery board will do nothing. The AP2 device would need to be connected to an external MCU in order to transmit/receive.

I hope this helped!

Kassandra      
Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2011-06-28

PM

thanks a lot it was really helpful, but when i configured the buttons i wanted to consider that each one of them is a different data channel. but in general case the data channels may have different inputs or output that what i understood from the docs.

another thing you mentioned that it is possible to change data when pressing a button, my question here is it possible to do that in AT3 or i should attach MCU to it so i can send or handle a received data especially that AT3 has a an MCU.
because what i understood is that AT3 can use script to send sensor data from digital or analogue inputs or the received values may be used as digital or analogue output also
thank again      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi Moha,

You could configure each button as a different Data Channel, however they would still be on the same ANT Channel.

Please try the example found in the ANT Development Kit User Manual:

http://www.thisisant.com/pages/developer-zone/development-kit-manual

After finishing this example, I think things will be more clear. You can create SensRcore scripts so that the AT3 sends or handles received data without an external MCU, as outlined in the example found in the document above.

Let me know if walking through the example helps.

Kassandra