ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

shared address

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2011-06-28

PM

hello,
i'm trying to use shared address therefore, i configured AT3 device using manual shared address as slave and configured the Buttons as an digital output so the data will send the pressed button using global identification and the script is the following
[42][00][20][00] // Assign Shared Channel Slave on ANT chanel 0 on network 0
[51][00][31][00][01][07] // Assign Channel ID 0, Dev. Num = 49, Dev. Type = 1, Trans. Type = 7
[43][00][00][20] // Set ANT Channel 0 Message Period to 4.00 Hz
[45][00][42] // Set ANT Channel 0 RF Frequency to 2466 MHz
[95][00][00][0F][00] // Set ANT Channel 0 Shared Address to Manual Address 15
[91][00][00][40][0F][01][00] // Configuring Data Channel 0 on ANT Channel 0 as Digital Input using pin(s) 0F reporting on 100.00% of messages
[4B][00] // Open ANT chanel 0
// End Sector
i configured another node connected to computer using ANTWARII to as master node shared address view the data send from AT3 but i've got nothing.

another question is there a way to stop broadcast data from sending, because whenever a channel is opened in master node it start to send broadcast data

thanks a lot for the help      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi,

First of all, a shared channel slave will only reply to the master when it is polled by the master (i.e. when the master addresses the slave using it's shared address), which may or may not be synchronized with the button pushes.

I strongly recommend reading Section 8.2 in the ANT Message Protocol and Usage document:

http://www.thisisant.com/images/Resources/PDF/1204662412_ant message protocol and usage.pdf

I recommend trying the example configuration in ANTware before attempting any SensRcore implementations.

It is not possible to stop a master device from transmitting. It will transmit indefinitely after the channel is opened.

Cheers,

Kassandra      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

thanks for the reply,
i actually applied the example in ANT message protocol documentation before, but i would like to know how can i use static addresses so i know my data from which device is coming.
using command [0x95] allow me to configure AT3 as slave using manual address but i didn't find a way to let the master know the manual addresses of the slaves that he will connect to,
and the only way was using dynamic addressing which in this case the master will address the devices automatically and that means each time the slave may have different address
for example: if i want the master to send a specific data to a specific device then i need to know the address of this device
if i'm working using shared channel. of course that can be solved using independent channel, but the problem is with shared channel

i hope that i explained my question probably.

another question: i tried to send burst data but i get TRANSFER_SEQUENCE_NUMBER_ERROR several time and the transfer failed

thanks again      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi Moha,

Here is the script I used to set up the shared slave with SensRcore:

C [42][00][20][00] // Assign Shared Channel Slave on ANT channel 0 on network 0
C [51][00][31][00][01][07] // Assign Channel ID 0, Dev. Num = 49, Dev. Type = 1, Trans. Type = 7
C [43][00][00][20] // Set ANT Channel 0 Message Period to 4.00 Hz
C [45][00][42] // Set ANT Channel 0 RF Frequency to 2466 MHz
C [60][00][03] // Set ANT Channel 0 Tx Power to 0 dB
C [90][00][01][F0][01][01] // Set ANT Channel 0 Input Mask to Digital, using input mask F0 with Crossover Mode Enabled
C [91][00][00][40][0F][02][00] // Configuring Data Channel 0 on ANT Channel 0 as Digital Input using pin(s) 0F reporting on 50.00% of messages
C [95][00][00][0F][0F] // Set ANT Channel 0 Shared Address to Manual Address 3855
C [4B][00] // Open ANT channel 0

Note that you can change your shared address to anything you want, I just used 0xF0F.
Make sure that the dip switches on your battery board are configured in SensRcore mode, and ensure that the ANTware channel parameters are identical to the slave channel parameters.
Set your ANTware device's broadcast message to whatever you desire it to be, I chose this:

00-00-40-00-00-00-0F-01

and made sure the Increment last byte every message checkbox was checked so that I could see when the slave was receiving the messages.
You can play around with the shared address field (i.e. the first two bytes of the broadcast message) as you want. Changing the first two bytes of the broadcast message allows the slave device to send the message it has to the master, you will notice that the master displays the BROADCAST_DATA_0x4E event when the shared address is set to match the slave's.

I trust this answers your question.

As for the second question, I need more information in order to help you. Did you try to send burst data in the shared channel? If you could give me more information I will do my best to answer your question.

Kassandra      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

thanks a lot, it was helpful, i just made a small mistake in the message i was sending. And for the burst transfer it's
now working fine. first it gave me the Transfer_sequence_number_error but now it works