Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

building macOS ANT_Libraries with gcc4.2

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 0

PM

I've been trying to build the macos library package but it seems to be written for gcc 4.0 and I am getting some build errors starting in dsi_timer.hpp.

Has anybody built the library using modern xcode with gcc 4.2 or am I better off trying to get gcc4.0 working on my computer? I'm not much a coder so if there is already a patch/new version available I'd be interested.

thanks

mark      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2011-03-02

PM

I have the same problem, is there any solution?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

We are currently doing some updates to the libraries that may address these issues.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi czheng,

Would you be able to provide us with the ANT log from both your mac and your PC? This would give us a lot more insight into what is happening, and might help us come up with a solution to this issue.

If you do not already have ant logging enabled in your application, it is highly recommended that you do. ANT logs are a record of all of the serial communication between the host and ANT, and are a great way to debug applications. DEMO_LIB in the windows library package shows how to enable debug logging. In particular pay attention to the calls to DSIDebug::SetDebug.

Cheers,

Kassandra