Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Does ANT Android Emulator Bridge work with real ANT+ Devices?

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 0

PM

Hi everyone,

My question is very simple: Does the ANT Android Emulator Bridge work with real ANT+ devices? I basically want:

. a real ANT+ device (HRM) to talk to the Emulator Bridge through the ANT USB2 stick
. run the emulator, the Android Virtual Device, the ANT radio service and the ANT+ Demo app

and expect the ANT+ demo app to display data from the HRM.
Is this feasible? Any prompt reply would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
E.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 744

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi E,

Yes, this will work with any Android Application, ANT+/ANT or not.

Cheers,
Harrison      
Rank

Joined 0

PM

Hi Harrison,

Thanks for the quick reply.
Do you mean: yes the ANT Android Emulator Bridge will receive REAL data wirelessly from an ANT+ HRM and bridge it to the emulator, radio service and finally the ANT+ Demo?
Sorry, for me that it is not clear in your answer.

I would like to extend my question then: I've got a custom sensor with an ANT chip (AP2) and the main goal is to send sensor data to an Android-based phone with ANT capabilities. I want it to be interoperable with other ANT+ devices, so that's why I am choosing the ANT+ Demo to test this application.

The problem is that I can't see any sensor data packets coming through the emulator bridge. In ANTWareTestII though, I see my packets being received nicely.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
E.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

Yes the Emulator Bridge will connect to an ANT USB2 stick, and then pass that data to the emulator, where it will go to the ANT Radio Service which the ANT+ Demo will be binded to.

The Emulator Bridge needs to be connected first to the emulator and the USB2 stick before it will begin reporting messages.

If you go to the presentations page from Symposium 2012, at the bottom under Friday there is a Creating ANT+ Android Apps presentation.

Configure the ANT Emulator Configuration, the settings in the presentation should work, and press "Reconnect" which should connect to the bridge if the bridge is already connected to the ANT stick.

Cheers,
Harrison      
Rank

Joined 0

PM

For some reason I receive a "You are not authorised to view this resource." when I try to go to your link, although I am logged in.... E-mail?
Thanks Harrison.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Sent.

Cheers!
Harrison      
Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 0

PM

Harrison - 09 November 2012 04:12 PM

If you go to the presentations page from Symposium 2012, at the bottom under Friday there is a Creating ANT+ Android Apps presentation.

Hi,

I also tried to download the presentation logged in but without success. Could you please sent it to me?

Thanks in advance,
DW      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

Because of the value of the presentation, it's been posted directly to the website. You can find it under the Mobile App tab of the Starting your project section, but to make it easier I've also included the direct download link :)

As a note the new concurrent multi-app API with plugins has not yet released publicly so you can continue to ignore that portion of the presentation.

Cheers      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-08-13

PM

I am having a problem finding the Emulator Config App that is referenced in the PDF. Any clues on how to get this to work?      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

The emulator config app is included with the pre-built Android+ANT emulator images which you can find by adding "http://thisisant.com/android/emulator/repository.xml" to Add-on Sites in the Android SDK Manager.

Cheers      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

The ANT Emulator Config App is available if you run your emulator (AVD) using one of the ANT targets. With the next SDK release there will be an update which allows you to run this on any target.