ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Smartlab FitDecode Error

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 0

PM

Hi there,

i am using the FIT-SDK in order to parse a fit-file received from a smartlab profi+ device.
although everything worked fine up until now, the fit-sdk is no longer able to parse the the received files.
Does anybody know what exactly the following error means:

Fit decode Error: Missing message definition for local message number 0

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2012-10-12

PM

In FIT, messages must be defined before they can be decoded. This error is caused when a message is encountered without a previous message definition for it. It sounds like your input file may be malformed.

Are you using the Java CSV Tool to parse your files? You could try running it using the -t or -d option.      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 0

PM

thanks for your help, as it turned out the smartlab device sends a corrupted fit-file.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

You haven't told us, which SmartLab ... device you're using.

About a year ago, I ordered their blood pressure monitor and tried to talk to it according to the Blood Pressure ANT+ device profile. I failed. When I contacted them (a company located in Heidelberg, Germany), they were very cooperative, telling me that they were aware that their blood pressure monitor had issues and didn't really comply with the profile. They told me they would fix that within a few weeks. As I didn't really like the build quality of their device either, I sent it back. Which is a pity, since it's the only ANT+ enabled blood pressure monitor available in Europe these days.

Seems that either they haven't fixed that issue yet or have similar issues with other device types.
Rather poor, taking into account that they advertise their devices as being ANT+ compliant.

Dynastream, it looks like a good idea asking this company for their compliance tests.

Cheers,
OMB      
RankRankRank

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2012-10-12

PM

Thanks for the info. I don't see this device listed in the ANT+ product directory. We will look into its ANT+ status.