ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Chirp profile

Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2013-04-21

PM

Hello everybody

I have just received my USB-m keys and beginning a new Android app development ...

Has someone already developped some code for geocache profile ? I would like to share some code or dev feedbacks for chirps ....

Waiting for your replies !

Best regards

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

The Geocache Device Profile has been implemented into the ANT+ Plugin Android API which includes an example app of it's use. Hopefully some other developers might be able to input their experience with it soon, it was just released.

You can find the API on the Downloads page.

Cheers      
Rank

Joined 2013-04-21

PM

New tests .... but still not satisfactory ....

First test
0. Connexion of ANT-m USB key : USB service launch is proposed / confirmation by OK
1. Launch of ANT+ PLugin manager / click on Geocache Utility : No devices found

Second test
0. Connexion of ANT-m USB key : USB service launch is proposed / confirmation by OK
1. Acquire channels Ant sample : click on "Open new channel" with Rx -> #2 Rx:[105], #3 Rx[....
2. Launch of ANT+ PLugin manager / click on Geocache Utility
GeocacheScanner : searching
<Invalid>

So, in the second test, I managed to acces to USB Ant-m key, but it seems that my chirp gives bad info. Important : this chirp is new and has not been programmed yet . Is this normal ?

Is there any Android app to configure full new chirp ?

Rank

Joined 2013-04-21

PM

No one to give me an answer ??      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

The meaning of "invalid" in the geocache plugins is defined in the Geocache Profile Document available in the downloads section of this website. 'Invalid' doesn't mean the chirp itself is invalid, but that it has been programmed to display the 'INVALID' ID token.

Using the plugin sampler (or the geocache plugin with another app) you can connect to this device and program it with a new valid id. To do this with the plugin sampler, click on the invalid entry to connect to the device and download the existing data, then click the 'program device' button to set a new user id.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 2013-04-21

PM

ShaneG - 21 May 2013 02:39 PM
The meaning of "invalid" in the geocache plugins is defined in the Geocache Profile Document available in the downloads section of this website. 'Invalid' doesn't mean the chirp itself is invalid, but that it has been programmed to display the 'INVALID' ID token.

Using the plugin sampler (or the geocache plugin with another app) you can connect to this device and program it with a new valid id. To do this with the plugin sampler, click on the invalid entry to connect to the device and download the existing data, then click the 'program device' button to set a new user id.

OK using the plugin sampler, I managed to access to the chirp data ... I did not realised before that clicking on the chirp list give access to the chirp data .... it is ok now, I have changed with my own data.