Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-07-30

PM

Hi,

I just tried this:
http://www.sportablet.com/1/post/2012/11/get-ready-for-ant.html

But for some reason my smartphone sony xperia J doesn't show me the message:
"Open ANT USB Service when this usb device is connected?"

Do you have an idea what could be the problem of this?

I haven't installed the usb ant service from the google play store as this isn't possible for me, it doesn't accept my provider (strange..)

I have a smartphone xperia J and ANT USB2 stick.

Thanks.
Kr
Randy      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

If you are unable to install the ANT USB Service from the Play Store, it indicates your phone is not reporting it has the USB Host feature, please follow through the steps in the FAQ and please let me know your findings.

Cheers      
Rank

Joined 2013-07-30

PM

Hi,

Thanks for this, I start doing this:
Use the USB Host Diagnostics App to determine if you have Android USB Host API support

You have support if the app reports under Android API:
Claims support: Yes
Classes found: Yes
Device detected: Yes

But what do I need to do, I installed this and than hit start diagnostics.. but it says: please connect a USB device.
Does I need to connect my USB OTG cable, my usb otg cable with the USB2 ant on it or ...

It does nothing :(

Thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

If the diagnostics app cannot detect your OTG device with any type of USB device connected, it indicates that either your phone does not support OTG, or your OTG cable is incompatible/faulty.

Unfortunately, in this case it appears OTG may not be supported.

You will have to use an alternate method such as a powered accessory adapter to enable ANT+ for your phone, although I believe this accessory does not support watch downloads at this time.

Best regards      
Rank

Joined 2013-07-30

PM

Harrison - 31 July 2013 11:52 AM
Hi,

If the diagnostics app cannot detect your OTG device with any type of USB device connected, it indicates that either your phone does not support OTG, or your OTG cable is incompatible/faulty.

Unfortunately, in this case it appears OTG may not be supported.

You will have to use an alternate method such as a powered accessory adapter to enable ANT+ for your phone, although I believe this accessory does not support watch downloads at this time.

Best regards

How does this work, do I need to connect the USB ANT to the adapter or still to the smartphone?
And than the adapter to the smartphone right?

How does is connects than?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

You would only connect this accessory to your phone exclusively and no other devices. The directory lists which ANT+ profiles will be supported by the accessory. As a note this product has not been released by the manufacturer yet, and any support for the device will have to be provided by the manufacturer.

Best regards