ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

‘Channel not available’ from first app using ANT USB stick

Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2013-04-21

PM

Thank you for your reply ....

You were doing test with SONY XPERIAs ? which have built in ANT chips.

So I am waiting for a new release.

Thank you for the support.

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

Split from 'Chirp profile' thread so this discussion is easier for others to find.      
Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2013-04-21

PM

What are the news about this problem ?

When do you think that a new version of Plugins will be available ?      
Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

+1

I unable to do any ANT+ development as I am using a Nexus 7 + USB dongle and keep getting the same error message..      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

You can continue development by running the Aquire Channels Sample first and waiting for the USB stick to initialise (when the "Open New Channel" button becomes available). Then switch to your application while it is still running.      
Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-06-27

PM

rohan - 21 May 2013 12:10 AM
If you have an app running that uses the old interface (eg. ANT+ Demo or ANT+ Bike Display Demo) it will take over every ANT channel, leaving none available for apps on the new version of the interface.

With the current ANT Radio Service, you must ensure no other apps are running which use the old interface before trying to acquire a channel.

When I am developing a app using the new interface, how can I know that the client device has old interface program installed?

Can the API be revised to report old interface conflict issue? Because it is too hard to support the public Android market.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

The next API update will include a whole lot of improvements like this (plus allowing the user to choose to switch ANT away from the old interface app), making ANT development even easier. Before your app is published to the Play Store you will be able to easily switch over.      
Rank

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

rohan - 28 June 2013 10:54 AM
You can continue development by running the Aquire Channels Sample first and waiting for the USB stick to initialise (when the "Open New Channel" button becomes available). Then switch to your application while it is still running.

I'm currently running the new ANT+ Plugin Sampler (Sampler Version: 2.0.0, Built w/ PluginLib: 2.0.0, Installed Plugin Version: 2.0.0), and still only sporadically able to acquire a channel. Do I need to update something else, or was the bug not yet fixed in this version? (running Nexus 7 with OTG cable + USB2 dongle).      
Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2012-09-04

PM

An update to ANT USB Service version: 1.3.0 on Google Play contains a fix to this problem.      
Rank

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

michael.ong - 06 September 2013 10:19 AM
An update to ANT USB Service version: 1.3.0 on Google Play contains a fix to this problem.

Works perfectly, thanks!