ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Help with new SDK

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-09-12

PM

Hi all,

I have just downloaded the new Android ANT SDK and the related samples (Sample_AcquireChannels and Sample_BackgroundScan) but I was not able to understand how to read data message from the device.
I understand how the ANT Radio Service binding and the acquiring of channels but then how to read message from the device (SDM or something else).

From the old sample (ANT+ Demo) it was barely easy to understand how to decode message but I read this sample was no more the recommended one to start with the SDK.

So if someone can help me in acquiring message of device I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Antony      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

In order to interpret the data payload, you would need to refer to the relevant ANT+ Device Profile. You can find the device profiles on the Documents tab of the Downloads page. You will need to sign up as an ANT+ Adopter to access the profiles.
http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/#documents_tab

However, note that if you are intending to interpret data from an ANT+ sensor, such as an SDM sensor, you should be using the Android ANT+ API The Android ANT+ API offers the data already decoded, so it should be much easier to use.      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2013-09-12

PM

Thank you Alejandra for this quick reply !

So now I am working on the sample AntPlusPluginSampler and more specifically on the AntPlusStrideSdmPcc.
And from what I understand to establish the connection between the SDM sensor and the smartphone we have to call the method requestAcess(..) that starts an ANT+ Plugins activity asking the user to select the SDM sensor he would like to use. My question is : is it possible to bypass this activity and establish an autoconnection with the footpod or is it mandatory to let the user choose from the ANT+ Plugins activity ?

Thanks !

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Hi,
The following post provides more information regarding the search/pairing options available with the plugin API

http://www.thisisant.com/forum/viewthread/4084/