ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT USB Stick on port USB 2.0 in Android Tablet

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2013-11-22

PM

Dear,
we have an ANDROID tablet with a port USB 2.0 that we want to use in place of the port micro-USB (with the OTG cable) in order to connect the ANTUSB-m.

The problem is that the application ANT USB Service doesn't work with the port USB 2.0 on our tablet (indeed, the application USB ANT Service is not even available on google play) and it does not detect our ANTUSB-m when we tried to install it anyway. How can we run the ANTUSB-m with the port USB in an android tablet? We need a different driver?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 120

Joined 2013-05-07

PM

I am using an ANTUSB-m in the USB 2.0 port of my Android 4.2 device. With ANT USB Service 1.3.0 installed, the USB-m is detected and I am able to send and receive ANT messages through it.

Is your Android device API level 12 or higher (Android 3.0+)? For ANT USB Service to appear for you on the Play Store, your device must have USB Host support. This thread provides some information on how to check for support.

Also, have you tried plugging out the USB-m and plugging it back in after you install ANT USB Service?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

Please see this thread: i cant download the ant usb service to my droid