Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Samsung S4 Voice Calls Crash when ANT+ Radio Service Enabled.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-01-18

PM

On my Samsung S4 SCH-R970 using Android 4.3, if you install the stock ANT+ plugins required (ANT+ Radio Service, ANT+ USB Services) you will be able to use the ANT+ Demo, connect to a device, etc. AND still be able to make and receive a voice call. BUT the moment you reset the phone you will lose the ability to make and receive voice calls. Also, the only way (that I've figured out) to get voice service back is to factory reset the phone! Major pain in the rear!

I think I know the problem but don't know what to do about it. I've read online that it's an issue with SELinux and the Samsung implementation of it with Android 4.3.

Any ideas where to go from here? Short of buying a separate ANT+ cycle computer I can't think of anything other than hope that Samsung will correct the situation.

I was using ANT+ via a OTG Cable with mini stick on the phone before I upgraded to Android 4.3 and everything worked fine. ANT+ is great! I look forward to being able to use ANT+ without the OTG Cable and mini stick.

Thanks,
Jeff      
Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2014-01-18

PM

I found yesterday that the solution to this problem was in a setting for Android 4.3. I had turned on the setting for "Hearing Aids" which is supposed to improve the sound quality of your device for use with hearing aids. For whatever reason when this setting was on, you could lose the ability to hear the voice calls being made.

Once this was set as Off, everything worked great! I've used the phone a couple of times now with sensors and all was good.

Jeff