Welcome guest, please Login or Register

You are here: Forum Home → ANT Developer’s Forums → ANTWareII → Thread

example script for listing messages

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

Joined 0

PM

Hi,
I'm looking for an example script where i can listen to messages between software and a device.
I noticed that this is tool has a lot of settings possibilites, but still after reading the manual, i'm not sure which correct settings i must set in the AntwareII to make is possible to listen to send messages between my device and my windows software and also back.
Can anyone help me with that.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Klaasjan      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

In order to listen to messages, you must set up channels in ANTWare II in slave mode (= listener).
You must set the proper channel parameters (device type id, frequency, period, ...), which are device type specific.
You find the proper values in the so-called device profiles, which can be downloaded from the Developer:Download part of http://www.thisisant.com provi,ded that you're a registered ANT adopter.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

This might also help: http://www.thisisant.com/developer/ant/advanced-features/#44_tab

Once you know what channel parameters to look for to identify your device (as described by OMB) you can use continuous scanning mode to allow you to also hear the reverse direction messages on the channel.

Follow OMB's advice first though so you know what to look for when you set up the scanning mode!

Cheers,

Kat      
RankRank

Total Posts: 33

Joined 0

PM

Hi,

Thank you for your information.
I will try the tips.
One question (i think i know the answer). do i need 2 ant+ usb sticks, one for the communication between the software and the device and a second one for the antwareII software to listen?

Best Regards,
Klaasjan      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

Yes you would need a separate USB stick for continuous scan.      
Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2018-10-23

PM

Hi Team,

having the same/similar question like klaasjan.

I like to sniff ATN+ Traffic beetween a Virtual Bike Trainer Software on my Windows 10 PC and my Elite Direto Bike Trainer.

I already ordered a second USB ANT+ Stick for sniffing the Traffic with ANTware II.

In ANTWare II I set Channel 0 onto SLAVE Mode.

As adviced in this Thread I checked out the Device Profile PDF:
https://www.thisisant.com/resources/fitness-equipment-device/

There I read:
(Page 21)
Device Type should be set onto: 17
RF Channel Frequency to: 57
Channel Period: 8192 at a rate of 4Hz (was already default)

Is anything missing? I expect so, as I not get ANTWare II to sniff any data.

Furthermore I followed the advice of Ket Kent to dive into:
ANT AN14 - Continuous Scanning Mode

This sound exactly what I'm searching for....
I used the same settings but was again noa able to capture any data.
Screenshoot attached.

I would be really happy about some hints & tips from your side.

Many thanks and regards      

Image Attachments

Unbenannt.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2018-10-23

PM

Ok, I found the Issue.

I used the The ANT-FS, as I expected this will be the correct one for my Elite Direto FE-C Bike Trainer.
But finally after changing to the Standard Network Key it worked and via Scan Mode I can Sniff as example also the TrackResistance.

But is this correct? Expecet I need to use the ANT-FS key for the FE-C Equipment. Or I'm wrong.

Thanks for help.

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2021-02-26

PM

Hello, im trying to connect to the Suito the same way, what exactly should I do?