ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Self Verification for iOS applications

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2014-02-12

PM

Hi there,

I'm developing an app for iOS that allows users to connect their Wahoo or ANT+ compatible fitness devices to their iPhone and the data is displayed in the app. It's called Turbo Trainer [www.turbotrainer.com]

I know I need to get certified to upload this app to the app store but the self-verification tools are designed to work with Windows and Android... how do I test an iOS application in order to get approved?

Just to be clear we have invented any hardware device or are using the ANT+ branding in any way, we are simply using the Wahoo Fitness API to connect devices to our app which includes support for ANT+.

Cheers      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 235

Joined 2012-08-31

PM

The tool is designed to test the ANT+ communication only, so it shouldn't matter what OS your app runs on.

You will need a Windows based machine to run the test tool itself (ANT USB stick plugged in), and then you can use your usual iPhone to run the app. You can then pair the phone to the test tool (using ANT+) and run through the tests.      
Rank

Joined 2014-02-12

PM

Hey Kat,

So I got my ANT+ USB stick and I plugged it in and navigated to the ANT_CL_Validation_Program and opened it and see

test started
ANT Version AJK2.04RAF.
Serial #: 3764929
Channel1 #0: Channel Opened

Then I made sure that the path to my environment variables was correct:

C:\ANT_Mobile_Device_Validation_Tool_0.10\ANT_Verification_0-10\Prebuilt Binaries\win32\ANT_CL_Validation_Program-0.6-1

but then I am unsure what to do... I have tried running some of the batch files but they just open then close instantly.

I see a StandAlone folder was created with a log and error file. The error file reads
Channel #0: unknown response event message code 0x34 received

Could you let me know thanks!      
Rank

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hey
The tool which you were using is ANT radio serves based certification. In your case, you should use
"ANT+ DEVICE PROFILE SELF VERIFICATION TOOL" as instead (http://www.thisisant.com/developer/ant-plus/certification/#115_tab ).
There is a user guide inside the software package, you just need to setup the test system and run through the tests by following the instruction.      
Rank

Joined 2014-02-12

PM

Hey Kebin,

Thanks for the reply.

After fiddling around I finally got the data to display in the iOS Wahoo Utility app and then my application.

Thanks for the advice!