ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

DEMO_LIB inconsistency (search timeout)

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-02-11

PM

Hi,

I'm trying to receive data from a sensor using DEMO_LIB. The problem is, I got it to receive the data twice (once with a USB2 stick and Simulant and once with a heart rate sensor), but those were the only times it worked.

I've followed the same steps as when it received the data, but it just keeps showing the "search timeout" message. Here's the full message list (after selecting channel type =1), just in case it gives any hints:

Resetting module...
RESET CompletereasonRESET_CMD
Setting network key
Network key set.
Assigning channel...
Channel assigned
Setting Channel ID
Channel ID set
Seting Radio Frequency
Radio Frequency set
Opening channel
Chanel opened
Enabling extended messages
Extended messages enabled
Search timeout
Channel Closed
Unassigning channel
Channel unassigned 

Any ideas of what may be causing this problem? Any help is appreciated.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Are you able to pair to the sensor using SimulANT+ or ANTWare II instead? It looks like the demo is working properly from this screenshot.      
Rank

Joined 2015-02-11

PM

harrison - 10 April 2015 10:35 AM
Are you able to pair to the sensor using SimulANT+ or ANTWare II instead? It looks like the demo is working properly from this screenshot.

Yes, I can pair two USB2 sticks (acting as sensor and display) using SimulANT+, and the HR sensor to the receiver USB2 with SimulANT+ too.

As I said, it is a very extrange behaviour- when I tried the demo with the HR sensor the first time it worked fine. Two minutes later I ran it again and it wasn't working anymore.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

You may modify the demo to enable serial logging from the library to help debug the issue.

Assuming the channel configuration was correct (ANT+ Network Key set, HR channel parameters, ANT+ RF channel, etc), then it sounds like the sensor may have stopped broadcasting or there may have been RF interference with the sensor during the slave channel search. This also may be indicative of a poor USB connection but only serial logging can identify that issue as well.      
Rank

Joined 2015-02-11

PM

harrison - 13 April 2015 03:35 PM
You may modify the demo to enable serial logging from the library to help debug the issue.

Assuming the channel configuration was correct (ANT+ Network Key set, HR channel parameters, ANT+ RF channel, etc), then it sounds like the sensor may have stopped broadcasting or there may have been RF interference with the sensor during the slave channel search. This also may be indicative of a poor USB connection but only serial logging can identify that issue as well.

Hi!

This is possibly a language issue, but I'm not familiar with the term "serial logging", what do you mean by that?/How can I do that?

I've tried to set all the parameters with ANTware II and it communicates perfectly with the demo, so I'm starting to think the issue might be caused by a missmatch between the parameters I can set in the demo but not in SimulANT/real sensor. Eg.: I can assgin a specific value to the network key in the demo, but I cannot modify -or even see- the network key assigned to a HRM in Simulant, so there's a possibility that they don't match, causing the search timeout. Does that even make sense?      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of clarification, I am referring to a function in the ANT Libraries which can automatically save all of the commands which are sent over UART to the ANT chip.

enableDebugLogs() in the C# wrapper for instance.

The network key for ANT+ devices is always the same, and should be set properly in the HR strap and by SimulANT+.

There likely is a device pairing parameter not being set properly in the demo, but a log would make this easier to find.