Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

AP2+battery board: won’t respond to messages, RTS always high

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

I am trying to control the AP2 module with an MSP430F2410. I plug the AP2 into the battery board from the devkit and set the DIP switches all to VCC except for DIP2 (PORTSEL). The MSP430 is connected to the battery board via UART, which is set at 57600 baud. I try to send different messages but get no reply. The only time I get any response is when I push the reset button on the back of the battery board.

The RTS line is always high (even before I try to send my first message) and I'm not sure why this is the case. I have only checked it with a multimeter. Someone suggested tonight that I monitor it with a scope, which I will try tomorrow.

If I try the same setup, but replace the AP2 with the AT3, everything seems to works fine. I am able to send messages to the ANT module and get appropriate responses. As it should be, the RTS line is low before I send any messages.

Also, I have tried both AP2 modules that came in the devkit, and the results are the same.

I'm stuck please help! smile      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 662

Joined 2012-10-09

PM

Yes, a scope would definitely help - a capture of the behavior of the serial lines would be useful.

Could you also describe in more detail how you are connecting your MCU to the AP2 module (an schematic would be great). Also, could you describe any initialization you perform on the UART?