Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Help decode fit in csv

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2015-12-11

PM

Hello everyone.
This is my first post on this forum .
Let me introduce myself : my name is Carmelo and Italian . Use a cycle computer Bryton 310 that produces files fit . I can not program in C , C ++ and Java but in vb and vba .
I wanted to export the contents of the records in excel .
I found on this forum this statement (I use the vba command " shell ") :

java.exe -jar C \ Users \ KR \ Desktop \ GPX \ java_decoder \ java FitCSVTool.jar -b C \ Users \ KR \ Desktop \ GPX \ java_decoder \ 13_12_2015.fit C \ Users \ KR \ Desktop \ GPX \ java_decoder \ 13_12_2015.cvs 

which exports the contents of the file in csv . When i import the file into Excel csv ( comma delimiter - , - ) , however , I noted that some data are incorrect ( see attached image ) .

For example:
Column H : there should be the date and time ( but I can not encode the number provided )
Columns O and P : should be the latitude and longitude ( but no commas . How do I define them exactly ) ?
Column Q : Why do I get numbers that are not always in the same format ( 480.6 and 48079999999999900 , for example ) ?

Or if there is a program that already export directly to a file xls file content fit ?

Can someone help me ? Thank you      

Image Attachments

Cattura2.PNG

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2015-08-27

PM

Hi Carmelo. I have the Bryton Rider 310 and also have issues with the fit file.

Golden Cheetah cannot import the fit file correctly (and the second problem is about non-zero power values when coasting.)

When I observe the csv file (converted by FitCSVTool.jar), I see there are multiple rows with the same timestamp, whereas other head units only have one row for each timestamp.

On Brytonsport.com you can import the fit file and export the data to a pwx/tcx file, import into Golden Cheetah and export the csv file.

Did you find anything new meanwhile?      
Rank

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2015-05-11

PM

Hello Carmelo,

The timestamps that you see are the number of seconds since midnight on December 31st, 1989. This value can be converted to Unix epoch time by subtracting 631065600 seconds.

The latitude and longitude values are reported in units of semicircles. Conversions between semicircles and more conventional representations of coordinates can be found online.

The altitude values in your attached image look odd. If you send me the FIT file or attach it in this thread I will see if I can find a reason for this difference.

Rank

Joined 2015-05-11

PM

Hello Michiel,

There are certain cases where multiple messages may have the same timestamp (heart rate messages for example can sometimes occur at the same instant as other messages). I can take a look at the file for any irregularities if you send it to me or attach it here.      
Rank

Joined 2015-08-27

PM

Hi Mario,

Multiple messages with the same timestamp with different sensors values is not what Garmin does.
When I review the csv file, converted from a Garmin fit file, I see one row for every timestamp,
and in each row a value for each sensor.
To me it looks like the Bryton records the raw ant+ data stream into the fit file and the "1 sec recording"
setting is ignored.

Please see attached the fit file produced by Bryton.      

File Attachments

Rank

Joined 2015-05-11

PM

The fit file itself appears to be valid. While the format is not typical, we do not enforce having only one message per timestamp.

I took a quick look at the Golden Cheetah source code and did not see any references to the FIT SDK so I cannot say if they are decoding FIT files properly, but this might be a problem on their end.      
Rank

Joined 2015-08-27

PM

Thank you for taking a look.