ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Question about AntPlusWatchDownloaderPcc

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2014-10-03

PM

ShaneG - 14 October 2014 08:34 AM
@yopablo, you should post new questions in a new thread. To answer your question though, the Vivofit is not supported by the watch downloader plugin as it currently uses a different download mechanism that doesn't use the ANT+ Sync profile. To download from the Vivofit tight now I think the only option is the Garmin Connect Mobile app.

This link http://www.thisisant.com/directory/vivofit said that Garmin Vivofit supports ANT+ Sync profile. What am I missing?

Thanks.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

@yopablo Thanks for pointing that out, I think there has been some confusion to post it on the directory as ANT+ Sync compatible. While the Vivofit does use the same ANTFS configuration as the ANT+ Sync profile it does not use activity FIT files but uses 'activity monitoring' files instead. The watch downloader plugin is only configured to download activity files currently so enabling Vivofit would not provide access to any information.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 2014-10-03

PM

Thanks.

So, there is no way of communicating with Vivofit using Android, isn't it?

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

As of ShaneG's last post the downloader can only download activity .FIT files, and the Vivofit does not use activity .FIT files.
--> the downloader can't download anything from Vivofit

Rank

Joined 2014-10-03

PM

Thanks, and sorry for my insistence smile      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

No worries, we are glad you are excited to find a way to communicate with Vivofit devices, so I hate to be discouraging, but we just haven't developed support for it yet.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-03-22

PM

we developed new functionallity in our fitness app. Now we supports importing of fit files into our app. But right now for couple of days i'm searching for list of garmin devices which works with watchdownloader demo app. so that we could buy one watch and also develop that part of downloading fit files directly to our app. But i cannot find that list. What i'm missing?

Thank you for help.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

Currently the watch downloader profile will detect the following models:
FR60
FR70
Swim
FR310XT
FR610
FR910XT      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-06-06

PM

I tried to use the ant+ plugin sampler Watch Downloader Utility with my Garmin 910XT.

It all looks OK, as if the files were downloaded. The strange thing is that it always says 1 out of 100 and the ends at 100/100 files and not percent. Quite strange because I don't have 100 activities on the watch right now.

I am not able to find the files? Where are they located? Are they really downloaded or is it just a test tool?

The file identifier number is N/A though.

I use Android one plus one.

Any hints or tips?      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

The watch downloader in the plugin sample only parses the files and displays summary info, but doesn't keep the info anywhere. You can see the source here: https://github.com/ant-wireless/ANT-Android-SDKs/tree/master/ANT+_Android_SDK/Sample/ANT+ Plugin Sampler/source      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 2017-06-06

PM

OK, thanks for the info. Would it be possible to get the sampler to store the files somewhere?

Thanks!      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

You would have to grab the SDK code and modify it to save the byte array.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 2017-06-06

PM

Nice, would there be a place where you can make a request for development by the thisisant dev team? I am not an expert, but I guess there would not be much effort to save the files downloaded? I don't know much about how to compile the code and use it on an Android phone. grin

Thanks.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

The sample apps are intended to get developers started and not as consumer tools. Your best bet is to look for another consumer app ont he Play Store that has already integrated watch download functionality.      

Signature

Dynastream Developer

Rank

Joined 2017-06-06

PM

Ok, thanks for the info and explanation. grin

/Greg