ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

events

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

hello,

why sometimes I get the same events more than ones.
for example when the channel goes to search mode again
i get the event EVENT_RX_FAIL_GO_TO_SEARCH_0x08
more than ones, same things happened with
EVENT_CHANNEL_CLOSED_0x07
thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Could you post your ANT log please?      
Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2011-06-28

PM

the attached file contains the channel event i used
i hope that what u want
thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

It doesn't appear as though the attachment is there, can you please retry?      
Rank

Joined 2011-06-28

PM

channel event [file name=event.txt size=3478]http://www.thisisant.com/images/fbfiles/files/event.txt[/file]      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi Moha,

The document that you provided does not really give me any insight into the messages that you are actually receiving from ANT. Would it be possible for you to turn on ANT logging and provide me with the device log? You can turn on ANT logging by using ANT_Common.setDebugLogDirectory and ANT_Common.enableDebugLogs(). This will automatically generate a file named DeviceN.txt (where n corresponds to the usb port you are connected to. This file will contain all of the messages exchanged between ANT and it's host. Please provide me with this file.

Kassandra      
Rank

Joined 2011-06-28

PM

what i did is as follow:
i opened the channel then i closed it
i opened the channel again and in this case
i received two times
EVENT_RX_FAIL_GO_TO_SEARCH_0x08
so what it seems to me, that every time i closed
and opened the channel again the events are repeated
thanks [file name=Device0-bda15409e9a37329024a87558a693669.txt size=9123]http://www.thisisant.com/images/fbfiles/files/Device0-bda15409e9a37329024a87558a693669.txt[/file]      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi,

You are receiving EVENT_RX_FAIL_GO_TO_SEARCH twice, but they are two separate instances.

Your log shows that you have a syncronized channel that is receiving (Message ID 0x4E). Then you receive 7 consecutive EVENT_RX_FAIL messages which causes your channel to loose synchronization and drop to search. After your search timeout has occurred, the channel is autmatically closed, so you receive a response no error to your channel closed message. Then, you send a reset command which puts the wheels in motion to re-open your channel.

Then, your channel finds a matching master, synchronizes with it for a short time, and the same scenario happens again. It receives 7 EVENT_RX_FAIL messages then subsequently drops to search, evident from the EVENT_RX_FAIL_GO_TO_SEARCH.

The logs you provided are perfectly normal. Because your channel dropped to search twice, you will receive an EVENT_RX_FAIL_GO_TO_SEARCH twice. If your intention is not to re-open the channel after it has been closed, I suggest taking a look at the code you are using and handling the event more appropriately.

Cheers,

Kassandra      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Thanks for the reply,
but by looking at the debug file, there is TX messages,
even i didn't transmit any messages and also they have
different length
what is the meaning of these messages.
are these message used to synchronize with the master
or something else
thanks      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hello,

Device0.txt is a record of the messages passed between the Host and ANT. The Tx messages refer to messages that are sent from the Host to ANT, and similarly the Rx message refer to messages that are sent from ANT to the Host.

Have you taken a look at the ANT Message Protocol and Usage document? It outlines all of the messages in detail, and whether or not you can expect the message from the Host or ANT. It also outlines the different lengths and the format and payload of each message. Please pay particular attention to section 9.3 ANT Message Summary.

Cheers