ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

problem receiving data’s in the GATEWAY

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

Hi,

I am using ATmega128L as my microcontroller and AP281M5IB ANT chip.I designed an interface prototype board for connecting my Microcontroller and ANT. i want to configure my ANT chip as transmitter and send the data's. right now i configured my ANT chip as transmitter by sending those parameters from my microcontroller and i verified it in the ANT end. I can able to receive all the parameters and data's in my transmitter ANT end but i could not receive in the GATEWAY. I dont know why i could not receive in the gateway. is it possible to send data's from my ANT chip which is connected to external microcontroller to GATEWAY? or is there any other way to check the data is transmitting..?      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

gateway is USB dongle in the kit      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi,

You can check that data is transmitting by setting up a slave node in ANTware II. ANTware II is available for download here: http://www.thisisant.com/pages/developer-zone/software-tools

You will need to set up a slave node with the same channel parameters as your embedded master node. If you have having trouble setting up your slave node, please reference the ANTware II user guide also available at the above link.

Cheers      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

thanks for your reply.!!

i did the same thing ...i set all the paramets according to the ANTWARE II , i could not receive it

i checked in my transmitter end with logical synthesizer DIGIVIEW and i am receiving everything which i am sending , but i could not receive anyhting in the USB dongle.!!      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Are you absolutely certain that your channel parameters match in your ANTware II node? You need to ensure that everything matches, or you will not receive anything.

For example, make sure that your Network keys, channel periods, channel ID's, and Radio Frequencies match perfectly on both your embedded node, and your ANTware node.      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

hi,

upto my knowledge all the parameters are correct, but still i could not able to receive in the USB dongle.

i am using USB dongle in the ANTC7EK1 kit, but in that i am not placing ANTC782M5IB chip,instead i am placing AP281M5IB chip and checking . is that correct ..?

can i able to receive if i place AP281M5IB chip in the ANTC7EK1 kit USB dongle..?      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

The module attached to the USB board will not make a difference.

I still believe that your problem is with the channel configuration. Would you please provide your code for your embedded application and your ANTware logs so that I can verify that you are setting your nodes up correctly?      
Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 0

PM

i herewith attached my code..!!      
Rank

Joined 0

PM

[file name=ANTwareII.doc size=272896]http://www.thisisant.com/images/fbfiles/files/ANTwareII.doc[/file]      
Rank

Joined 0

PM

[file name=ANT_H.txt size=2174]http://www.thisisant.com/images/fbfiles/files/ANT_H.txt[/file] [file name=ANT_H.txt size=2174]http://www.thisisant.com/images/fbfiles/files/ANT_H.txt[/file]      
Rank

Joined 0

PM

[file name=ANT_C.txt size=7396]http://www.thisisant.com/images/fbfiles/files/ANT_C.txt[/file]      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

Hi,

In ANT_C.txt I noticed that you are setting your ChannelId wrong. According to ANT Message Usage and Protocol your SetChannelID message should be set as follows:

[Chan. #][Device # LSB][Device # MSB][Device Type][Transmission Type]

Your endianness on your Device # is wrong, right now you have

[00][00][21][01][01]

This means you're searching for a device on channel 0 with device number 8448 (0x2100) with device type 1 and transmission type 1

What you really want is this to search for device number 33

[00][21][00][01][01]

Cheers      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-11-15

PM

hi,

Thanks for your reply and i understood, i changed it but stil i could not receive it...i think there may be some problem with my hardware.!! will check it out and let you know..!!      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2011-05-02

PM

I just noticed that you are making the same mistake with your SetChannelPeriod() function.

Right now the message you send is [03][43][00][20][00] which corresponds to a message period of essentially 16kHz.

You should should be sending the message [03][43][00][02][00] which corresponds to a message period of 4 Hz.

I would like to note that most ANT messages use little endian format, unless otherwise indicated. So, as a default, if you have a 2 byte (or more) number, try using little endian format first, it will save you a lot of grief.