Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

ANT Radio interferes with other listeners

Rank

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2013-02-06

PM

I'm integrating ANT Radio and API with my bike navigation app Cycle-Bike (on Google Play Store).

It seems like ANT Radio interferes with GPS location Listener and other sensor listeners.

Are you starting and stopping Looper in the main UI thread? If so, please don't. Lots of functions depend on Looper in the UI thread for Runnables, animation, other Services and sensor and location Listeners.

I can get ANT running and interfacing to all bicycle sensors: speed, cadence, HRM ,power, but then location Listener and Runnables are erratic. If I disable ANT, Listeners and Runnables work fine.

Please advise.
Tom Driscoll      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-11-30

PM

ANT will not interfere with any of these other pieces, and all requests run on a binder thread in the ANT Radio Service. However, you must ensure that you are not calling blocking operations from your main thread (eg. the Broadcast Receiver that processes ANT Intents). I assume you are using the old 'whole-chip' ANT API?      
Rank

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2013-02-06

PM

Now using the new Android plug-ins library. Fabulous! No problems interfering with others Listeners no. Great work!!