ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

Heart Rate sensor reading.

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-11-20

PM

Dear ,

I have Mio Link heart rate sensor which is ANT+ supported.

I want to develop an app based on heart rate readings.

I am new to ANT+ development and Android development.

Can anyone please guide me step by step on how to do this:

1) Get the heart rate reading from the sensor and display on the application homepage.

PS: I already have ANT+ SDK , ANT+ SimulANT , Android development SDK , Eclipse Juno.

Regards,
Kazim      
Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2014-02-18

PM

Get ANT+ Sample app code (it is located inside ANT+ SDK .zip) and look into the code section about HRM.      
Rank

Joined 2014-11-20

PM

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I have to figure out myself.

This community is helpless.      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

Kazx - 02 December 2014 02:30 AM
... This community is helpless.

Dear Kazx,
according to my experience this community is extremely helpful, indeed.
But I wouldn't have given you any other recommendation than the pre-poster.

Dynastream provides excellent documentation and sample code in the Developer:Downloads section of this web site which make it a trifle for a good developer to start with ANT+. And if there should be any remaining questions - I myself didn't have (m)any after reading the specs - there is very helpful and friendly support in this forum.

Cheers,
OMB      
Rank

Joined 2014-11-20

PM

Dear OBM,

All I see is links that takes you here and there, what maybe "Good spec" for you may be very bad for someone else.
This is why there are forums to help people, reviews about specs are subjective from one person to another.

I really find this horrible,      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 296

Joined 0

PM

You find a well-structured and comprehensive set of documents here: http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/#documents_tab .
Head lines and document titles are well chosen and make it quite easy to find the right documents.
Starting point - and everyone developing ANT+ apps should have read it - is the very first document "ANT Message Protocol and Usage".
http://www.thisisant.com/developer/resources/downloads/#software_tab provides the downloads of necessary software tools, libs and example code.

Read, try, and if there are still questions left, you'll find help for sure.

OMB

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2011-09-12

PM

@Kazx If you have downloaded the ANT+ Android SDK, you will find a lot of starting information in the following resources from the SDK:
* The ANT+ SDK readme
* The "Creating ANT+ Android Applications" document
* The Plugin Sampler sample application (includes example code for receiving from ANT heart rate sensors)      

Signature

Dynastream Developer