Welcome Guest,Register Now

ANT Forum

Welcome guest, please Login or Register

bike trainer

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2019-07-25

PM

good day. I would like to develop a bike trainer, which should receive the signals of the slope value, so that it increases the resistance in the roller. The different apps have exclusive protocols or this information is easy to read by the ant + receiver. What device would you recommend for this project?      
RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 745

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

If you'd like something "out-of-the-box" so to speak, with a minimal amount of development from the wireless perspective, there is a product called GFIT which is a wireless module which does automatic encoding/decoding of ANT+ and BLE data for Fitness Equipment.

You can use it as either a network processor controlled by a host processor, or as a standalone host processor.

This doesn't include development effort for the trainer hardware, electronics, software, etc, but hopefully it's enough to get you started.      
Rank

Joined 2019-07-25

PM

Exactly, something ready to use. Can this module read the slope signal from zwift or bkool or another app?      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Yes, but to be more precise it can receive the control messages from trainer applications which use the ANT+ FE-C or BLE FTMS profiles.      
Rank

Joined 2019-07-25

PM

Very interesting, could you recommend a starter kit reference to start with ANT-FS?

and what platform do you recommend for programming and what versions.

Thank you      
Rank

Joined 2019-07-25

PM

which starter kit do you recommend to start with ANT + FE-C or BLE FTMS

hank you

I am very interested      
RankRankRankRank

Joined 2012-09-14

PM

Hi Daniel,

I would recommend the D52DK2, it contains everything you need to run libraries such as GFIT which support ANT+ FE-C and BLE like GFIT.

Cheers      
Rank

Joined 2019-07-25

PM

ok you are very kind

I am going to buy it, however you can recommend me some tool for programming
Code Composer Studio Version: 9.1.0.00010

could you help me?